News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

File download link in automated Email

Started by 50803409, 19.02.2018 15:06:14

Previous topic - Next topic

As part of the file upload email configuration an automated email can be send to notify the user of the new publication and this works well. I would however like to add a link to the email where the user on receipt of the email, click the link to then automatically download the file. The recipient therefore do not need to visit the website and browse to find the file.

Below is an example with parameters that does not work, but it will provide the idea of what I would like to achieve:

http://www.xyz.gov.za/index.php/{alias}/send/{cat_id}-{alias}/{file_id}-{file_alias}
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Understand what you are suggesting but it would bypass all the 'controls' so could compromise some sites
But have redirected to Suggestions
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Hi Colin and thanks for the response

I do not understand why this might be a concern as such. Once a file is published and available on the site I can right click on the actual download button and copy the link address of the file. If I then take this link address to any other pc I can simply copy and paste the link and it will download the file. All I would like is that download link to be on the email that is circulated.

In my organisation we are using the system for an intranet and it simplifies the life of my end users if they can simply click on the link in their email to download.

Regards
  •