News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Make titles as links to Downloads in My Downloads History?

Started by ibrahim, 18.02.2018 15:41:54

Previous topic - Next topic

ibrahim

Hello!
1. How to link titles in My Downloads History?
this will be easier for users to find them downloads history for downloading updates!

2. How to remove the keys that after titles?
let me know to remove wich code from which file! Please
  •  

ColinM

Hi,
Quote1. How to link titles in My Downloads History?
this will be easier for users to find them downloads history for downloading updates!
Think this is a good idea. Could you please add to the Suggestions category as it is better for us one topic at a time!!

Quote2. How to remove the keys that after titles?
let me know to remove wich code from which file! Please
By 'keys' do you mean things like 'New', 'Updated' and so on?  If that is the meaning then it is controlled by your Files layout.  For example the New symbol come from the placeholder {pic_is_new}.  If it is not present the 'New' icon will not appear. Check out some of the other layouts.
Colin

Colin M
  •  

ibrahim

Can I use the placeholders on default.php?
components/com_jdownloads/views/myhistory/tmpl/default.php

Also I can see the code is:
    $files_body = '<div class="jd_history_content_wrapper">
                     <div class="jd_clear" style="width:100%;">
                          <div class="jd_left" style="">{log_file_title}</div>
                          <div class="jd_right" style="">{log_date}</div>
                          <div class="jd_clear" style=""></div>
                     </div>

So what to change in {log_file_title} to make it linked to filepage.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have now looked a little deeper ito this item.  Basically the 'My History' menu item looks at the log file and extracts the information from there.
Regetably the log info does not contain the file ID or the Category and its ID so it cannot construct the link. This would mean modifying the info stored in the log file itself. And of course extending the database.  The natural thing to do would be to store the link directly.
It would also mean hanldling the situation where the Download has been Delteted, Moved, renamed and similar.  These errors would best be done by a file not found error message.

So I have moved this topic to suggestions.
Colin
Colin M
  •