News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

a details button

Started by shoulders, 18.01.2018 20:40:19

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

For me this is a normal thing to have.

I would like a details button (category view) that when clicked goes to the details page of the download item like you can do if you click on the download's name.

This would be in addition to the download button which will only be present on the 'category view' if direct download is enabled and then would be visible on the 'downloads item view' if downloading is enabled.

Not having this feature is ending my OCD crazy :D

Thanks for looking
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Having a Details button link is a good idea.  If selected to be shown I suggest it would override other options as otherwise the selection matrix gets too complex to be meaningful.  Not sure about where it would appear.  The Category view layout does not show Downloads.  If there are Downloads in a category as well as sub categories then the Category Layout shoews the category section and the files layout shows the Downloads.  But the 'Details' button could be shown irrespective of downloading being permissible.  There is a complication with audio and video files as the preview can be the same as the downloadable file.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

shoulders

I would put the button right next to the download button.
  •