News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Sharing buttons?

Started by nonodel, 10.03.2016 21:19:17

Previous topic - Next topic

nonodel

Hello, I'd like to add sharing buttons with AddThis, but I can't find a place to add the code.

I tried putting it as an adsense code, but it pop ups only in the download page, not inside each download.

I guess there might be a way to do this, hope you can give me a hint ot two.  ;D

Thanks!
  •  

nonodel

Ohh... quick fix, I enabled the adsense code, put my AddThis code inside and then add:

<div>{google_adsense}</div>

Into the Details layout.  ;)
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Another way is to put the plugin code into the decription or the relevant Layout code

In Config - Front End tab:
Set field 'Activate support for all Joomla content plugins?' to Yes
Set Field 'Plugin Support only for descriptions? ' to No

This allows you to put the plugin code into descriptions and directly into layouts
An example in the description is at http://www.jdownloads.com/index.php/downloads/download/9-layout-development-for-v3-2/30-layout-views-on-apple-i5.html

The actual text in the description is
This slide show presents examples of the new layouts from a simulator as they would appear on an Apple i5 phone, which has a screen resolution of  640-by-1136 pixel resolution at 326 ppi.  The reasonable pixel density shows that the new layouts work satisfactorily.
{besps}layout-demos/Apple-i5|sdur=4|width=310|height=550{/besps}

If you are more adventurous then  put the plugin code in the Layout for Files and or Download Details, best in new layouts in a suitable <div

Colin
Colin M
  •