News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Auto Monitor not detecting duplicate file names - [Fixed in 3.2.8 !!!]

Started by carbonisle, 06.06.2014 17:19:23

Previous topic - Next topic

carbonisle

Arno,

Terrific component!  Thank you for your hard work!

I am having difficulty with the auto monitor function.  It seems to have an issue when you upload a file with a same name into another folder.  For example:

I have /folder1/sample1.pdf

If I upload a file called sample1.pdf to /folder2/ it does not get auto detected.  (Perhaps its updating the sample1.pdf in folder 1? I don't know)

For my purposes, there will be many categories and each category needs its only description.pdf file.  I'm sure I can manually upload this file, but I REALLY need the auto monitor software to detect this.  

Any suggestions?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I agree there appears to be a bug.  I repeated you scenario and got same result.  Then copied another file, sampl1A.pdf into folder2 and  sample1A.pdf was recognised.  Copied file sample1A.pdf into folder1 but it was not recognised.  So now a copy of file sample1.pdf in both folders and a copy of file sample1A.pdf in both folders. 

The manual upload to a category is not a problem as the same file name may appear in several categories.  Seems confined to the auto recognition.  As A final test I renamed one of the 'unrecognised' files in cPanel and it was immediately recognised.

See pics from cPanel File Manager,  phpMyAdmin and jDownloads Downloads.  Both files should appear in both folders.

Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •