News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Export categories and items?

Started by romagromov, 29.05.2018 14:59:07

Previous topic - Next topic

romagromov

Hello!
I want to change my site structure.
I need to export JDownloads categories and items to com_content and then use JDownloads plugin for downloading files on article page.
So, question is how to export categories and items from JDownloads and then import them in com_content.
Thanks.
Best free windows software for your PC at bestwinsoft.com
  •  

ColinM

Hi Romagromov,
Do you mean that you want to list the Downloads in what I would call regular Joomla! articles?  If so you do not have to export anything.  You just use the jD Content Plugin in articles. The following might helphttp://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/using-the-content-plugin-in-articles-and-modules
An important point to note that to control layout then use <div>'s in preference to <p>'s.Colin
Colin M
  •  

romagromov

Quote from: ColinM on 29.05.2018 16:37:47
Hi Romagromov,
Do you mean that you want to list the Downloads in what I would call regular Joomla! articles?  If so you do not have to export anything.  You just use the jD Content Plugin in articles. The following might helphttp://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/using-the-content-plugin-in-articles-and-modules
An important point to note that to control layout then use <div>'s in preference to <p>'s.Colin

I'm going to change my site structure.
I need export categories and downloads (title, descriptions, meta tags), and then import this data to com_content.
And then I will use jD Content Plugin in this articles.
Best free windows software for your PC at bestwinsoft.com
  •  

ColinM

Hi
In order to use the Dowloads in an article or a Module you need  a jDownloads setup in the regular way in the backend.   
That is the backend structure is identical.
However if you are changing say which sub-categories belong in which parent category you can use Batch mode to move or copy. Similarly you can move or copy Downloads from one Category to another.
The structucture of the databases directly associated with com_content are very different from the structure of the databases used for Categoris and Downloads by jD.The jD Categories and Downloads are Content in the Joomla! sense!
If you just want to export the jD database items then go to Tools and use the Backup tool. To get the files, image and the like you need to use say FileZilla.  But these are really only useful fr backup
Please could you give an indication of the new structure you are aiming at and I will try to help.Colion
Colin M
  •