News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Direct Download Link Only Works For First Item

Started by crouton4, 11.04.2017 14:51:03

Previous topic - Next topic

crouton4

Sorry to bother you.  This is the first time I've used jDownloads and I really like it.  We have set up a downloads area at http://www.pursuingwisdom.com/category/2-free-sermons?lang=en&limit=25&limitstart=0

Each download should open in Google Drive in a New Window. 

I have activated the Direct Downloads in the Configuration.  I have also tested with and without PHP Script. 
- With PHP -  The first link opens as it should in Google Drive.  Every other link opens a window asking me to save a file ie. open-id=0B32uF-Z7lZ5WREoxOHhBd1BNa0k
- Without PHP - The first link opens as it should in Google Drive. The other links simply don't open.

I've reviewed the support forum and cannot seem to find a duplicate issue.

My Layout:
{files_title_begin}<div class="jd_files_title" style="">{files_title_text}</div>{files_title_end}
<div class= "{featured_class} jd_download_title" style="">
     <div class="jd_left" style=""> {file_pic} {file_title} {pic_is_new} {pic_is_hot} {pic_is_updated}{featured_pic}</div>
</div>
<div class="jd_clear"></div>
<div class="jd_tags">{tags}</div>
<div class="jd_download_wrapper" style="">
    <div class="{featured_detail_class} jd_clear">
       <div class="jd_words_wrapper" style="" >
           <div class="jd_words_left" style="padding-left:5%;">
                  <span style="font-weight: 600;">Recorded:&#160;</span><span>{file_date}</span></div>
         <div class="jd_words_right">{url_download}</div>
       <div></div>
    </div>
</div>
</div>

JOOMLA INFO:
PHP Version: 7.0.17
Web Server: LiteSpeed
WebServer to PHP Interface: litespeed
Joomla! Version   Joomla! 3.6.5 Stable [ Noether ] 1-December-2016 22:46 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version   Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent   Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/57.0.2987.133 Safari/537.36

jDownloads Version 3.2.47
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have looked at your site and yes the behaviour is strange after the first entry.
Also have looked at your files layout code - I reformatted it for clarity to see if there were any unclosed blocks - see below. But all appears well although you have one blank <div></div> that should be removed, and you probably could remove the <div class="jd_tags">{tags}</div> line as I suspect you do not intend to use tags.

{files_title_begin}<div class="jd_files_title" style="">{files_title_text}</div>{files_title_end}
<div class= "{featured_class} jd_download_title" style="">
    <div class="jd_left" style=""> {file_pic} {file_title} {pic_is_new} {pic_is_hot} {pic_is_updated}{featured_pic}</div>
</div>
<div class="jd_clear"></div>
<div class="jd_tags">{tags}</div>
<div class="jd_download_wrapper" style="">
    <div class="{featured_detail_class} jd_clear">
        <div class="jd_words_wrapper" style="" >
            <div class="jd_words_left" style="padding-left:5%;">
                  <span style="font-weight: 600;">Recorded: </span><span>{file_date}</span>
            </div>
            <div class="jd_words_right">{url_download}
            </div>
            <div></div>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

So I am puzzled!
I also looked at the generated code and cannot see a problem with that either.

Have you invoked Directory Protection? -see Config Security tab or similar.

Could you also please try with one of the standard 3.2 Files layout such as "Standard Files Layout without Checkboxes v3.2" just to see if that has the same symptoms.  Also suggest you update to v48 as v47 did have some bugs.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Maybe could it be problem with Google Drive? I have never use it really and also not tested with jDownloads.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have used gdrive with no problems. As a further check I set up another test with a category that only had audio Downloads.  Again no problem.
I suspect that possibly the link sharing on gdrive may noy be set up correctly or that the shareable link has not been fully copied into the Download setup.  See pics below.

A typical shareable link that is entered in the external link field would look something like below NB the link below is not a real one!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-s05tX9hmDLNk9wcnY7NG1MdHc

Usually a link that works has the form as below
<a target="_blank" href="/send/2-free-sermons/1-apostle-s-creed-jesus-really-died" title="Download" class="jdbutton jred jsmall">Download</a>
But one that does not work omits the target="_blank" part
<a href="/send/2-free-sermons/3-overcoming-anxiety" title="Download" class="jdbutton jred jsmall">Download</a>

I suspect that this may have come about in switching between with and without php in the jD Confid - Downloads tab - 'Send Downloads using the PHP Script?' field.

If you would like us to investigate further then please send super user login details by PM.

Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

ehj-52n

Hi,
I have the same problem but without using google drive. The first download after cleaning all caches works like a charm. Any additional click on the download button results in an empty blank page. The link in the location bar is like homepage/downloads/send/3-category/508-download-file-name

I am using Joomla 3.7.0 and jdownloads 3.2.51

Do you need any additional information?
  •  

ColinM

@crouton4 
I see that your site is now working OK. Could you advise what you did please to help others.

@ehj-52n
Could you possibly Private Message (PM) me super admin login details and I will check your setup to see if we can resolve
To PM please click on white 'square' under my name.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I had misunderstood your problem!  I now see that the download works the first time on any download but if you try to download a second time you get a blank page.  I waited a couple of days and then I could download again.

So have you set up Public Access limits in user groups settings?

Colin
PS I even tried with a different browser.  Looks like a time related IP blocker
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ehj-52n

QuoteSo have you set up Public Access limits in user groups settings?

Where can I set such values?

• jdownloads or
  • joomla core?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Setting up Public Access limits is done in jD User Groups Settings.  But I do not think you have set these.
It looks to me to be more like some other extension, could be a 'security' one or an IP blocker or similar
Colin
PS Today I could download again
Colin M
  •  

noemis

Hello
I have the same problem after updating to Joomla 3.7.0 and new version of jdownload. When I clean the cache and after that click download it works. But when I try to click second time to download button it load a blank page. I check the limits, I don't setup a limits.
Can you suggested something how to fix this issue? You can try it on http://www.sas.bg/downloads/category/2-software.html
  •  

comlodge

I too have this problem. I have to clear the cache to re download the same form more than once. Just upgraded to J7 and latest JDownloads.

•  

comlodge

Fixed, I think.  I have Caching turned off for this site : laidleyshow.com.au

I have  now disabled the plugin: System - Page Cache and can now download a file multiple times. ;D

Thanks,
  •  

ColinM

Hi everyone
Could you please advise if the jD System Plugin is set as shown in the pic.  This is supposed to sort out the 'caching' problem.
Also I understand you are using Joomla! 3.7 and PHP7.  Which actual version of PHP? It may be that there is a 'challenge' here.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

noemis

Quote from: ColinM on 12.05.2017 17:28:37
Hi everyone
Could you please advise if the jD System Plugin is set as shown in the pic.  This is supposed to sort out the 'caching' problem.
Also I understand you are using Joomla! 3.7 and PHP7.  Which actual version of PHP? It may be that there is a 'challenge' here.

Colin

jD System Plugin is set as shown in the pic? Can you explain? Which pic?
My PHP version is 7.0.14

Yes I can confirm that when I disable System Page cache, everything work fine. But I don't want to disable System Page cache plugin
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Whoops I forgot to add the pic!! :(  Now added.  The jD system plugin is supposed to exclude jD from any cache activities
@noemis  Thanks for confirmation and php details.  My test site used in this invesigation is using php 7.0.9, which is much the same as 7.0.15, and Joomla! 3.7.0 but so far I cannot reproduce.  The test site is running on XAMPP.

You might like to check out the article link below which explains more about the jD System Plugin
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/cache-control-forms

Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •