News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

500 error after updating - [Fixed in 3.2.35!!!]

Started by Hawk, 08.07.2015 12:01:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

I´m using
Joomla! 3.4.3
PHP-version   5.6.10
jDownloads Version 3.2.34

After updating to latest version of jDownload frontend categories gets 500 error with text as

The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay SQL=SELECT a.file_id, a.file_title, a.file_alias, a.description, a.description_long, a.file_pic, a.images, a.price, a.release, a.file_language, a.system, a.license, a.url_license, a.license_agree, a.size, a.date_added, a.file_date, a.publish_from, a.publish_to, a.use_timeframe, a.url_download, a.preview_filename, a.other_file_id, a.md5_value, a.sha1_value, a.extern_file, a.extern_site, a.mirror_1, a.mirror_2, a.extern_site_mirror_1, a.extern_site_mirror_2,.................and so on.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Hi,
strange. Nobody else seems to have this problem.

Please send me via PM a link to this error.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Thanks for the data.
It seems that here exist a problem with your database settings.
Please contact your hoster and tell him from your problem.
View him this error:
"The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay"

By the way, i think this problem can not be the result from the update and a bug. And the SELECT clause is correct.

Please post here what your hoster has answered.

Here some additional links:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/950465/mysql-sql-big-selects
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22630238/error-set-sql-big-selects-1-or-set-max-join-size
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Hawk

my hosting provider writes 

We do not change server variables, the option that remains is therefore to optimize your SQL query.
Alternatively, switch to a hosting solution that offers this

max_join_size 33554432
sql_big_selects OFF
  •  

Arno

Hi Hawk,
i have now checks my possibilities but it seems that we can not more optimize the DB queries.
Also has nobody else your problems with it.

So I can only advise you to switch to a better hosting company. Or to use a higher hosting plan with lower restrictions.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

krank

Hawk's not alone... I get the same problem. The content module still works fine; it's just menu item component things that give the error.

And since switching my hosting isn't really an alternative for me, I guess I'll try to find an older version and downgrade or, failing that, switch to another component. Too bad; I really like jDownloads.

I do think the error is due to the update. Why? Because I was fiddling with jDownloads before the update (worked fine), then updated, then got the error. No other changes. It would be VERY strange if my hosting company just happened to change something in their database at the precise moment that I upgraded jDownloads.
  •  

krank

Confirmed.

I tried reinstalling 3.2.34; no effect.
I then downgraded to 3.2.33. Problem solved! I lost some custom CSS, but I have backups and will be able to restore from them.

I'll stick to 3.2.33 until this gets fixed, I guess... If I have the time I might even try to fix it myself.
  •  

Arno

Hi krank,
thanks for your posting. So it seems that we have really a problem with the last version.
But i can not reprodce this here.

QuoteThe content module still works fine; it's just menu item component things that give the error.
What mean you here exactly?
And how many Categories and Downloads exist in your installation?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

krank

The problem appears when I make a menu item; for instance a "Single category" menu item linked to any category, and then try to access it in the frontend.

It does not appear when I use the content plugin, like {jd_file}.

Number of Downloads: 76 (8 unpublished)
Number of Categories: 22
  •  

Arno

Hi krank,
thanks for the informations. I will try it.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Arno

All users which have this error message should try the version below.
I have modified this version a little bit and will use the added part also in the next official version.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

rene.m

I have the same problem when choosing as a menu item "List All Downloads"

Since currently I only have 1 category I changed this to just display that category, so I'm saved for now, but thought to mention this.
  •  

ColinM

Hi Rene
Thanks for input.  What were you updating from and which version of jD did you go to when updating?  Have you tried on v35?

Problem is we cannot reproduce so any detailks would be helpful.

Colin
Colin M
  •