News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Various search issues [fixed in 3.2.19]

Started by bositman, 14.11.2014 13:08:32

Previous topic - Next topic

bositman

1) After searching for anything, the Add button appears on the top even if frontend uploading is disabled

2) After searching once, the search term is somehow stored. Next time you go to the search form, it will automatically search for the old term again with no user input

3)I'm getting an empty <div class="search"></div> in search, I see it is generated in views/search/tmpl/default.php line 17 ->  <div class="search<?php echo $this->pageclass_sfx; ?>"></div>

Not sure what it is supposed to do, but because I've added some extra styling in .search on my website, I get some bad output.

All with the latest jdownloads 3.2.16

•  

ColinM

Hi
Quote1) After searching for anything, the Add button appears on the top even if frontend uploading is disabled
Yes, I also see that the 'Add' comes up when it should not do so.  I checked that permissions were all OK

Quote2) After searching once, the search term is somehow stored. Next time you go to the search form, it will automatically search for the old term again with no user input
Presume youy are referring to the jDownloads Search.  It is designed to retain the search term.  If you want to remove it then use the Reset - see pic

Quote3)I'm getting an empty <div class="search"></div> in search, I
Cannot reproduce this - if you need further help here then send me a PM with site address and how I get to it!
Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

bositman

2) Yes indeed I am referring to the jdownloads search. I see this is intended behavior but I don't understand why you would want to keep the search term even after leaving the page and revisiting again later, or in the same session after visiting some other part of the website?

3) Err I don't think you need a test site, I pointed out where in the source code this gets generated :P I reproduced it in a clean joomla 3 install with only jdownloads installed too...I would give you my test site link but I have already removed it manually from the file I noted in my previous post
  •  

ColinM

Hi
2)  A search 'clear' is used in many places in Joomla! - see pic.  But whatever we do will displease some! I sometimes find it useful and sometimes it is annoying.

3)  Problem is I could not reproduce the problem so to investigate it helps considerably where the problem is showing.  But I think I may have misunderstood as I see that what you meant is that "<div class="search"></div>" appears in the generated code.  So I do see it when I view the page source.  So I think your query is "Why is it being generated anyway".

Will look into further.  Think problem is that closing </div> should encompass whole section.

Colin

PS Some of these are solved by setting the Configuration - Frontend  option 'Remove empty HTML tags?'  but quite rightly that does not apply to empty divs.

Colin M
  •  

bositman

Ah i see didn't know it was like that in joomla in general, so I guess you can leave it as it is (although I still don't understand why anyone would want to search again the same thing after doing so once :P )

Hm maybe it was meant to enclose the whole form, I'm not sure either, I guess Arno should take a look :)
  •  

ColinM

Arno
Presently one cannot style the Search page using the .search or .search_[sfx] styling.

in file <site>/components/com_jdownloads/views/search/tmpl/default.php line 17 presently reads as
<div class="search<?php echo $this->pageclass_sfx?>"> </div>
the closing </div> should be removed so that it reads
<div class="search<?php echo $this->pageclass_sfx?>">

Styling does occur if the trailing </div> is omitted

Test added css
.search {
background-color: #DEDEDE;
}

into jdownloads_fe.css

Existing code - see pic search19.png
Revised code - see pic search20.png

Colin M
  •  

bositman

Bumping this, still there in 3.2.17
  •  

Arno

QuoteCode:

<div class="search<?php echo $this->pageclass_sfx; ?>">
Is changed in 3.2.18.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Hi bositman,
Quote1) After searching for anything, the Add button appears on the top even if frontend uploading is disabled
What mean you here with 'disabled'?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

bositman

Sorry you are right there is no option to disable frontent upload.

I meant I get the button even when I am not logged in at all on the website, only on the search form,after searching
  •  

Arno

But visitors have not any creation permissions?
So that on all other jD pages is not viewed the upload button?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

ColinM

Hi
You maybe need to see what permissions you may have granted to Public.  Essentially if people do not have edit/create permissions they should not see the Add button.  If you have found a situation where that is not so then please let us know.  To check out may need us having admin access to your site via PM.
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Okay, i have found the bug with the upload button...  :-\

Bug fixed in 3.2.19.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •