News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

How to delete titles of deleted files from frontend? - [Fixed in 3.2.15!!!]

Started by silgreg, 26.06.2014 18:49:04

Previous topic - Next topic

silgreg

Hallo.
I've installed JDownloads Version 2.5.9 Beta.
I'm trying to use it on my school site.
Users can upload their files in categories from frontend (see fig2). But when they delete their file from frontend (see fig3), file is deleted but the title remains visible, without the download button and with no file associated (see fig4).
In CONFIGURATION - FRONTEND I've setted REMOVE TITLE IF IT IS EMPTY to YES (see fig1).
Is it possible to delete also the title of deleted file?
Thanks, Greg

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Hi.
I think that this is problem with your permission settings.
Please check this for the category and also for the download.

But we have not an option like 'may delete own'. Only a general permission.  ::)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

jbdown

Hallo Arno,

ich habe jetzt das gleiche Problem, dass ich zwar das File im Frontend löschen kann (siehe Bilder bei silgreg) aber den eingentlichen Download in dieser Frontendansicht nicht!
Wie kann ich den Download löschen?
Muss ich da erst in Backend und unter Komponente/jdownloads/dowloads den eigentlichen Download löschen?
Oder gibt es in der Frontendanischt eine Möglichkeit den gesamten Download zu löschen?

Here in english:
I now have the same problem, that I can delete the file in the frontend (see images at silgreg) but the entire download on the frontend not!
How can I delete the entire download?
Have I delete it only in the backend by the steps component / jdownloads / downloads?
Or is there in the frontend a way to delete the entire download?

Die Daten:
jDownloads Version 2.5.13 Beta
Joomla 2.5.24

Vielen Dank, thanks jbdown
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Please excuse delay in replying but I have been away - and I have just seen your query.

Think there is a bug. I replicated what you were doing. The actual file was not deleted from the directory but the link to it in the database was deleted. 
Both "Delete images from deleted Downloads?" & "Delete preview files from any deleted Download?" were also  set to yes just in case.
The user group involved had Delete Permission.

Looks like some confusion here.

In summary deleting downloads is only possible from the back end.  This may be the intention in which case it is just changing the text in the hint is needed, and maybe a more appropriate image.

I will move this topic to bugs.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi,
How can I delete the entire download?
Have I delete it only in the backend by the steps component / jdownloads / downloads?
Or is there in the frontend a way to delete the entire download?

You can delete the assigned file and then unpublish the download self. So is the file not more displayed in frontend (for other users).
Only users which have a 'delete' permission, can delete the download in the frontend.

@Colin:
That the file is not really deleted seems also for me to be a bug.   :-\
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

jbdown

Thank you for answer me.

I can delete the file, that correct,
but how I have to unpublish the whole download?

jbdown
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I presume you have deleted the file OK.  Is that correct?
To unpublish the Download go to jDownloads Control Panel and the select Downloads
Search though until you find the particular download and then select it an use the unpublish button at top of page

Colin
Colin M
  •  

jbdown

Hallo Colin,
thanks for answering.

I have the same problem as Greg.

I like to give a customer the posibility to work in the frontend.
And there is no posibility to delete the whole download.
As Greg described, it is posible to delete the file, but all the rest of the download
remain in the chosen catogory and is more visible.

So the customer still see the download although the file was deleted.
This is not a correct deleting of a download.

Have I give the customer access on the backend to delete the download?

All the other necessary functions are posible in the frontend.
Why it is not posible to delete a download?

jbdown
  •  

Arno

Hi jbdown,
sorry for this problem.

It seems that i have found a bug with the 'delete' permission.

I will tomorrow more check and fix this.  ;)

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

jbdown

Hi Arno,
I updated jdownloads to version 2.5.18 Beta.
But the problem with deleting the whole download in frontend is still present.
I am able to delete the file, but how can I delete the whole download in frontend?
There is no button or command to do so.

Thank
jbdown
  •  

Arno

Hi,
i will check it again.

But are you sure that your user has also a 'delete' permission? Please note that users need this.
So please give your user the right for it and try it then again...
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

ColinM

Hi
This is a delete permission problem.  Please see the pics below which I hope are self explanatory.  If you need some assist with setting user group permissions please ask again, but first could I suggest you review the documentation.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi Colin,
many thanks for your fast test results. ;)

Maybe should we use the rule, that when a user have the edit-own permissions, he can also delete his Download complete.
Then the Joomla 'delete' permission is a global permission for any content?  ::)
hm... but this would not be joomla conform. And i will not create an own permission for this action.

Forget it... only a error in reasoning.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

jbdown

Dir ColinM,
thank you for your help.
Your description with the pictures was very helpfull to comprehend the steps.
I didn´t realize that the user need the whole joomla delete-permission.
Now it is implemented and the delete-button is also visible.

Thank you very much.
The tool is very usefull.

Best Regards
jbdown
  •  

ColinM

@Arno
Allowing Edit Own to also delete the entire download  could be a useful feature.  I agree not a good idea to implement a 'special' type at this time - we need to get the standard ones in proper order first. ;D
The problem with Edit Own is that presently therte seems to be a difference between the creator and the author so I am not sure which one applies!
Colin M
  •