News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Sort Order not working [Fixed in 3.2.16]

Started by pyllin, 20.05.2014 19:08:51

Previous topic - Next topic

pyllin

Updated working perfect 1.92 version to 3.25 and sorting categories and downloads went crazy.

Clicking on the top options "Order Files by: " works perfect, but not ordering by default by title or something. Categories are always messed up, no way to order it.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
it exist current some problems with the default sort order in the frontend. Note that we have always still a beta release.

But i understand not exactly what you have described.
- mean you the displayed lists in the frontend or the backend?
- what are your exactly settings in backend configuration for categories and downloads sort order?
- have you defined other sort order in the menu settings for jD in frontend?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

pyllin

Thanks for the response.

The same results obtained with every option selected in the configuration of frontend.

Image 1: Category list not ordered as in 1.9.10
Image 2: List of downloads by default order (set as Ascending order, not working)
Image 3: After clicking on order by "Name" option on top (works OK)

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Hi,
this problems are already known. We will try to get a solution for it in the version 3.2.7.
So it is not solved yet in 3.2.6.

By the way, also Joomla seems to have this problem with the Joomla own categories.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

pyllin

OK, thanks a lot for the response ;)
  •  

carin

reproduce:
* set downloads order to "alphabetical" in the main configuration

expected:
* downloads are ordered alphabetically

current:
* the order in the back end download table is used
* even setting the menu item to "alphabetical" does not help
Joomla 3.2 | jD 3.2 | PHP 5.3 | Apache 2
  •  

Arno

Hi,
it is not easy to find here a perfect solution, so this can need some time.
So it is for the moment the best way to use the option: 'sort order from backend'.
In the backend it is easy to sort the categories in the required order.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

ColinM

Carin
There are several threads which are reporting this fault for both 3-2 and 2-5 versions.  Think it is proving 'troublesome' to fix! This maybe because of something in Joomla not behaving as expected.
Colin
PS thanks for all the testing you are doing.
PPS think the user group stuff is almost bottomed out - a solution is soon
Colin M
  •  

carin

... any news on that one?

cheers
Joomla 3.2 | jD 3.2 | PHP 5.3 | Apache 2
  •  

ColinM

Carin
Have not tried the alpha sort part yet - been concentrating on user group settings, which is still being evaluated/tested.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Arno
Sorting Downloads in Backend have a couple of minor issues. :(
Had default set  as  Title (name) by Alpha as default.  This was ok :)  Then tried all the other columns.  All fine except:

Category - this actually did a sort by Title of Download instead of by name of category
Access - this is being sorted by the Access Level ID rather than by the Access Level Name

Colin
Colin M
  •  

i6dvx

Hi Arno,
I think I found a bug on the version 3.2.14 regarding "download default sort order".
If in the backend I set this function to "alphabetically", it doesn't apply.
If set it to "oldest first" the newest files appear first, on the contrary if I set it to "most recent first" the oldest files appear first.
If I try to order them from frontend, everything is just fine.
I found this issue on two different sites running on different providers, both on Joomla 3.3.6.
Thanks for your works!

Vic
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks for input.  This is already on the bug list and is expected to be resolved soon.
Colin
Colin M
  •