News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Please support SCOpenGraph to Like Downloads for Social networks

Started by wolfspyryt, 10.06.2015 04:59:45

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfspyryt

[Edit]In order to use  Google and Facebook to 'like' a Download  it would be helpful to support SCOpenGraph in the same sort of way as Adsense is supported.  Basically to have ability for Social network buttons to appear with Downloads.[/Edit]

I have a line of code I need to insert into the file details page.
It is:
{SCOpenGraph image=http://somewebssite.xxx/image.jpg}{SCOpenGraph description=Enter a good description here.}

In both cases, after the = I have tried replacing the text with the obvious:
{SCOpenGraph image={thumbnail}}{SCOpenGraph description={long_description}}
then adding it into the layout.

When I do that, the page displays normal, except now on the page I see   }}
The rest of the line is invisible as it should be.

It does not work. It is needed to apease google and facebook for the "Like" and +1" buttons.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Is your objective to show the "Like" and "+1" buttons as active buttons in order to 'rate' the Download?
jD will not know what to do with {ScOpenGraph as it is not one of its place holder key words  so it will skip to the first } and take the next } as regular text.   Hence the result you see.

I yhink what you are asking is could jD please support ScOpenGraph as a place holder. Also you are asking jD to support a place holder in a place holder although the 'arguments' could be implied to aviod the need for recursion.

If my assumption is right then I will move this thread to Suggestions.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

wolfspyryt

As always ColinM, you are intuitive, intelligent and correct. Yes to all you said.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
i understand not really what the SCOpenGraph should be.
It is a part from JFBConnect? Is used here a Joomla plugin?
If so then you must before you test it activate the 'Activate support for all Joomla content plugins?' option in the jD configuration.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •