News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Customize "search only in" search form

Started by Dode, 19.03.2015 11:46:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Dode

Hello there,

I'm trying to modify in which attributes JD should search for Donwloads. Actually it is "title", "description", "changelog", etc.
I tried looking in the JD search plugin configuration, no luck. Tried in the Layout, no luck either. I also tried looking at the files in /components/com_jdownloads/views/search, but no luck either.
Could you point me in the right direction as to what file should be modified ?

A nice feature would be to have some configuration parameters in the JD search plugin, IMHO. Or maybe in the Group Settings for even more granulation ? Thanks.
  •  

Dode

I finally find the file to edit, it's :
l/components/com_jdownloads/models/search.php

Anyway, it would be great to have a "Search" tab in the JD Configuration to select any area to search in, without loosing any change in this file when updating JD. Thanks.
  •  

Dode

Any chance to see this in a future release ? I'm so lazy i'm getting tired of editing this file whenever an update occurs ;-) . Thanks.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
create a jD 'search' menu type then have you two additional options. 

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Dode

Thanks for the tip Arno.
But does this "trick" also works for the normal "Search" link in JD front page (top links) ?
Also, it seems it's not exactly what i'm looking for : display chosen fields and not others.
  •