News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Multiple downloads creted after Batch [Solved]

Started by pippo8765, 11.09.2020 12:58:51

Previous topic - Next topic

pippo8765

I think I found it: combination of server and browser!
I am using Firefox, latest, 80... something. Always updated.
So, all in all: server on windows + Firefox browser -> for some reason seems like form is cached, cache not cleaned and form resubmitted in Batch process.

I disabled and unistalled all addons, just to be sure, though I am using only 3-4 standard, add blocker blahblah. It's not up to them! Firefox is preventing cache clean in combination with Windows version of server (php + Apache).

If you know how to deal with this - great. So it might happen. It's not up to your code, I don't know how to prevent this. I don't know how Joomla core stuff works and the rest is not...

Chrome works like a charm, of course.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks for the updateThat accounts for it happening on my XAMPP web sites but not o when using Firefox testing where I have the Empty Cache Button extsion installed.  Always using it when testing to ensure a clean site!!!

Have you reported this to Firefox?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

pippo8765

It's totally crazy. Now in 10 successive copies I made, 4 of them were doubled, 6 were regular.
I don't know what to write to Mozilla, I would! I am trying to see what might be  wrong with my server settings, always doubting myself first. But it works with Chrome, Edge and even Mozilla Developer Edition 100% correct.
I uninstalled all add-ons, so plain Firefox is also causing this error. I am trying to see if request is sent more than once or it's some cache left behind. I just installed that addon for cleaning cache, though I am always doing it manually because of developers actions.

[16/Sep/2020:09:48:09 +0200] "POST /joom3/administrator/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&view=downloads HTTP/1.1" 303 4
[16/Sep/2020:09:48:09 +0200] "GET /joom3/administrator/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&view=downloads HTTP/1.1" 200 70877

[16/Sep/2020:09:48:39 +0200] "POST /joom3/administrator/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&view=downloads HTTP/1.1" 303 4
[16/Sep/2020:09:48:39 +0200] "POST /joom3/administrator/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&view=downloads HTTP/1.1" 303 4
[16/Sep/2020:09:48:40 +0200] "GET /joom3/administrator/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&view=downloads HTTP/1.1" 200 81621

That first part of login is when it happened correct. Immediately after that I copied another one and it created 2 consecutive POST requests, making of course 2 copies. It's like I clicked twice. Also, timestamp is exactly the same.
I know this goes beyond JDownloads now, thank you for your time.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
With my testing the problem only seems to happen on the XAMPP sites with Firefox.On a web based site I have not had it happen!!
Most strange. :(
The XAMPP I am using has PHP 7.2
Think you are using WAMP.  Is that correct?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

pippo8765

Yes. For me WAMP + Firefox = problem. All other combinations not.
Is your XAMPP on Linux or Windows?
  •  

Arno

Okay. I use xampp only with Chrome or Brave. And have no problems with this.  ;)

Thank you pippo for so desperately wanting to find the reason! Good Job!
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Colin M
  •