News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

same update error from 3.9.2 to 3.9.5

Started by TLWebdesign, 14.09.2020 13:09:32

Previous topic - Next topic

TLWebdesign

Hi,

I had the same update error as i previous reported updating to 3.9.2 but now it happened upgrading to 3.9.5 exact same as this topic: http://www.jdownloads.com/index.php/support-forum.html?topic=12092.0 and also the admin menu dissappeared again. a re-install through the backend fixed things.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The Upgrade is a two step install - that is you do it once and then it tells you to do it again with on screen notes.
Is that what you found?

For more details see
https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/getting-started-v3-9/upgrading-from-jdownloads-3-2-to-3-9

During the first install stage it checks that you have the correct level of database and some other things.  It also makes backups of your existing database tables.
Colin

Colin M
  •  

TLWebdesign

Hi Colin,
no it was not from 3.2 but from 3.9.2 to 3.9.5. This and the sorting issue made me wonder if something went wrong when trying to upgrade to beta 6 from 3.2.x (latest) so i cleaned the installation from all JDownloads mentions both files and database. and reinstalled successfully. But that had nothing to do with this error. This was related to minor upgrades in 3.9.1 to 3.9.2 and now i upgraded to day from 3.9.2 to 3.9.5. Same error as before and also admin menu that disappeared.
  •  

ColinM

OK Thanks
I had misunderstood.  Will try an upgrade from 3.9.2 to 3.9.5 to see what happensDid this some time ago but it was fine but will check again
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

You mean this message?
Duplicate entry '99-1-com-jdownloads-custom-fields-' for key 'idx_client_id_parent_id_alias_language'
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

TLWebdesign

Yes that message was there again. I'm wondering if it is something to do with upgrading during beta 6. Which would mean it's not a big deal anymore. When next version is released i'll know if it happens now after a clean 3.9 install.
  •  

Arno

Strange. I think this has not really to do with the tested releases.
We should not use in jD a db index like this. But I will see what we use here exactly.

It was the result by an update from 3.9.2 to 3.2.5?
Could you send me via PM please the jD install log file from?
Should be in the defined /logs folder. Normally /administrator/logs
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •