News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Placeholders inside description?

Started by romagromov, 25.01.2016 13:54:01

Previous topic - Next topic

romagromov

Hi!

Is it possible to insert placeholders right in description?

Text Text Text Text Text 
{thumbnail}
Text Text Text Text Text 
Best free windows software for your PC at bestwinsoft.com
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The simple answer is No.  The description is not processed by jD for place holders.  But of course you can use the jD Content plugin and other plugins. There must be some plugins/modules that will show just a single image
Colin
Colin M
  •  

romagromov

Hi ColinM!
Glad to see you.

Hmmm..
My idea is to automate process of creating new downloads.

Usually, I add 1 image in images section

and 2 or 3 images right in description.

So, we have beautiful page with images in different positions:

https://bestwinsoft.com/multimedia/players/unity-3d-web-player

But it will be exellent to add all images Jdownloads image section and then insert them in description, because adding images in descriptipn in usual way is too long and hard process.

May be I have an idea, how to make it automaticly.

May be we can use preg_replace function  ???

I will think about that.

However, it seems to me the idea to insert any placeholders directly into the description is not bad...
Best free windows software for your PC at bestwinsoft.com
  •  

Arno

When you use placeholders which are listed in the layouts description, it should maybe possible to use this also in the Download description self. But the placeholder replace function must stand behind the description replace function (as example in details view index.php in line 474)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •