News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Print process after upload

Started by Artorium, 26.04.2014 13:24:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Artorium

Hi,

i'd like to start a print after the file has successfully uploaded. Is it possible somehow to start a batch file on success? The reason is to set a watermark on the uploaded documents.

Thanks.
  •  

Arno

Hi.
I think this should be possible with a special plugin.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Artorium

Ok, i wasnt able to find a plugin, but maybe, it is possible that you can tell me, at what point in which file the upload process "complete" gets called or in which method so i can add a view lines of code and print it myself.
  •  

Artorium

Basically i simply want to start a batch file after the upload. Where do i have to execute or run the batch file?
  •  

Arno

I think you can create a content plugin and use the 'onContentAfterSave' event in it.
See here:
http://docs.joomla.org/Plugin/Events/Content
and here:
http://docs.joomla.org/Portal:Developers#Plugins
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Artorium

Can i also do it with the Jdownloads plugin? i added the onContentAfterSave method but it seems not to work or i cant test it if it works because i dont know if it really
got installed properly or if i have to do anything else.

My steps would be:
1. Download the jdownloads content plugin
2. Install it in the extension manager within joomla
3. Find the jdownloads.php of the extension and add the method
4. within the method add the exec command for opening the batch script
5. batch script executed

Unfortunately steps 4 and 5 do not work, do you have any idea?
  •  

Arno

Quote1. Download the jdownloads content plugin
It exist in the moment not a jD 3.2 compatible version. This shall be come later when we have a rc or stable version from 3.2.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •