News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Custom Filters

Started by Christoforos, 18.10.2017 06:16:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Christoforos

Hello,

how can I have filters on category list based on my custom fields. Lets say I have make a custom filter named "Company". How can I "Company" filter on my category list?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Not sure I understand but it sounds to me like you could use Tags to aid the selection. The article below could help
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/tags-support-in-jdownloads

Of course you can use the Search Function as well.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Christoforos

I tried your suggestion and used tags but it seems I am doing something wrong. Although I have taged to downloads items, when I click on a tag, or when I click to a menu that shows all tags, my download items are not showing. Instead comon joomla artilce with the same tag, are shown. I 've read docs on JDownloads and Joomla Tags and it seems that it should working as is.

Do I have to enable some option somewhere to make it work?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
When your Downloads are listed I presume that the Tags show OK.  To test fully I created a new XAMPP test site.  I followed the instruction in the article and all was OK except I could not create a new tag in the Front End but could add existing tag.  This was because I had not set the Permission in the Tag component itself! :(
But the tags worked worked fine in all other aspects.
I have modified the documentation appropriately. :)

If the Tags still do not work then I maybe I could check your site, so please send super admin access by Private Message (click on 'whiteish square with a tail' near my name) if you would like me to do so.
Colin
Colin M
  •