News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Downloads not updating

Started by Chessdad, 04.03.2015 19:18:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Chessdad

Hello,

Joomla 3.4
php 5.3.10
MSQL Server version: 5.5.32
ubuntu0.12.04.3
I think I'm running LAMP.

I have set up the following:
Download directory monitoring? = Yes
Automatically publish Downloads?  = Yes
Monitor all file types? = Yes

When I upload files into the download directory I'll wait a few minutes then refresh the browser. However, the file information listed for each category and the file listing is not updated. I then log into the backend of the site and go to the jDownload control panel. From there I see the files were uploaded. Then, if I refresh my browser, the category and file listing information is then updated on the site. Why is this happening if I have set the configuration above?

Thanks for your assistance.
Chessdad.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Have you got Joomla! caching enabled? Just refreshing the browser does not make Joomla! change its cache.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Chessdad

Hi Colin, thanks for your reply.

If you mean the Joomla cache under the Global/system/cache settings, yes it is disabled. I'm using JoomlArt's T3-framework but I'm not sure where the cache settings are on that.

What is confusing is that all I have to do is log into the back end and just go to the jDownload control panel (and not do anything else), and then when I refresh my browser the categories and file information is updated. I wouldn't think that merely going to the jDownload control center would have anything  to do with the cache being updated, but there is a lot I don't know. Any ideas?

Thanks.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Yes it is mysterious!
I could be barking up the wrong tree but it does seem like a cache or similar thing.  Which browser are you using?
Have you tried clearing your browsers cache?

I am not familiar with the T3 Framework.  I believe it uses compiled css (Less).  I have some recollection of someone else running into trouble as their framework avoided recompiling css, so that might be another area to check out.

Colin
Colin M
  •