News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Installation Issues

Started by chhatrashal, 16.08.2014 08:05:31

Previous topic - Next topic

chhatrashal

i had uninstalled a working jodownloads but when i tried to reinstall it i get the following error

unable 'bitnami_joomla.jos_jdownloads_config' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT setting_value FROM jos_jdownloads_config WHERE setting_name = 'show.header.catlist.uncategorised'

kindly tell me what to do....
  •  

Arno

Hi,
when you uninstall a jDownloads version, not all data will be deleted.
You get also an information about this in the uninstall result page.

But what exactly have you done? Had you before updated from a jD 1.9.-x version?
Why have you uninstalled (a working) jDownloads version and why will you it now install again?

Note: To delete also all jDownloads database tables, you must do this:
- delete via phpmyadmin all database tables with: jdownloads in the name
- but then are all your data lost
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

chhatrashal

HI,
i did a very foolish thing .. while trying to remove some other module . i accidentally uninstalled jdownloads.... now wheni tried to install it again got some db error..
checked the documentation and then cleaned the db via phpmyadmin so that i can reinstall it.. but now i am getting this error.

not worried about the data.. i want the module ....

feel like kicking myself.... >:(
  •  

Arno

Hi.
the db prefix from your db is really jos_ ?
Are you sure that you use Joomla 3.x and jDownloads 3.2.x?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

chhatrashal

yeah db has prefix as jos_  and joomla edition is 3.x also jdownload is the beta version  3.2.x...the same installed earlier..

it seems  jdownload is trying to upgrade instesd of  new install..
  •  

Arno

Quoteit seems  jdownload is trying to upgrade instesd of  new install..
Can it be, that you have not deinstall it correctly or not complete?
Have you use the 'normal way' to deinstall it in Joomla?
Was the result a normal uninstall message?
Is jDownloads still listed in the extension manager page?

When possible send me login data for your backend via PM.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •