News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

My Breadcrumbs(path) "Issue"

Started by 2borg, 23.02.2016 12:39:14

Previous topic - Next topic

2borg

Hi,

I'm using the Latest Version on Jdownloads along with Joomla 3.4.8.
My Category/Directory Structure looks like this 1 main category (not in menu)... 4 Subcategories (in menu) and some 1220 (what can I say - ladies at my firm like to keep 1-3 files per category) Sub sub sub sub Categories that are not placed in menu.

My breadcrumbs work just fine when i klick on one of the 4 firste subcategories that I placed in menu.

But as soon as I klick and go to a sub category and further to a sub sub categories my breagcrumbs break and I only see Home link.
all others including the the ones that are shown in menu are gone.
I have found the cause of this Bahaviour. it is the file view.html.php in
components\com_jdownloads\views\category\ and condition at the Line *264
if ($menu && ($menu->query['option'] != 'com_jdownloads' || $menu->query['view'] != 'category' || $id != $this->category->id))
If I remove this $menu &&
and refresh the Site, I can see my breadcrumbs along with my main category.  I can live with that although I would be much happier if my main category could stay out of the breadcrumbs.
In the past I would just delete $menu && out of the condition because I don't want to put all 1200 subcats in to a menu and to change it everytime a category gets removed or moved to a new location.
And I have to do this with every update.

Is there a convinient solution to this problem?

Best Regards in between
Marinko
  •  

Arno

Hi,
please send me a link to this page via PM.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

elisa

I have the same problem, is there a solution for this?
  •