News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Invalid File Extension on upload

Started by harpistic, 28.09.2017 01:27:05

Previous topic - Next topic

harpistic

Hello,

I've just installed jD 3.2.56 on J3.7.5 as I'd like to move away from using Docman. I've got a mixture of PDFs and Excel files to upload. I've added xls and xlsx to the permitted extensions in the usergroups settings, yet whenever I try to upload the spreadsheets from backend, they're rejected due to "invalid file extension."

What can I do to fix this? I really can't find any other settings to change this.

Many thanks.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
For the backend go to Configuration Upload tab -field 'Other allowed file extensions' and add in the required extensions.
Note when uploading if you leave the Symbol field in the Additional tab as "Select File item symbol" then it will auto sene the symbol from the file extension.
There are several ways of uploading files in the backend as well as creating one at a time.

Adding a new Download in the Downloads tab gives the most flexibility.  You can use the monitoring function to upload files using say FillZilla to the relevant directory (category in jD terms) - in this mode I suggest turning off auto monitoring and then activating it manually from the control panel, but do not be too ambitious and just use with a couple of hundred files.  You can also use the Files section of the Control Panel.
Please ask if you need more help.
Colin
Colin M
  •