News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Featured Module

Started by wolfspyryt, 22.06.2016 00:16:13

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfspyryt

Is there a "Featured Module" released with 3.2.44? If not when?
  •  

Arno

Hi,
i will add it soon. Maybe could we use the top and latest module and add only a single option like: Use only 'featured' Downloads?

In the 'top' module could we then use as second sorting order the amount of hits (descending) and in the 'latest' module the date field.

Users which need a 'featured' module could then copy a module from above and used it in the required way.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

wolfspyryt

My hopeful use for it is on www.watchawear.com, I have many uploaders. I wanted to "Feature Individuals for a period of time and then change them.
  •  

Arno

Can you describe it a little bit more detailed what you need?

Fact is that it is not always possible to view all featured Downloads in a small module. So we need an sort order field. This could be 'the latest' or 'the hottest' (mostly downloaded) or maybe also random?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

wolfspyryt

I have many uploaders.  I want to be able to manually select a single uploaders and have them featured.  The module could then pick up the selected featured individuals uploads.
  •