News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Adding a Link in Module

Started by wolfspyryt, 05.04.2016 16:13:13

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfspyryt

I would like to add a link in one of the modules in the "Text Before" box. How do I do that????
  •  

ColinM

Hi
jD strips out the html tags so it is not straight forward.  You can use plugins so use the NoNumber Sourcerer plugin with the [[  and ]]code in place of the < and > respectively.  You can then put in a link with

{source}[[a href="your link" alt="Download" ]]Download[[/a]]{/source}

Colin
Colin M
  •  

wolfspyryt

Colin, I added Sourcerer... I am unable to seem to get it to work at all. I have asked the creators and got no response.
In the "Text Before, and the Title, I want to add a link to the Category they are pointing to and drawing downloads from.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
It seems that one uses the special form  when not putting in directly with an editor! ;) !
I added code as below to the text before section of the Top module.  The double [[ syntax does not make it easy to read. So I have added spaces just for clarity between ]] and following [[
EDIT seems it will not show html code as it was actually written so have added it as a second pic!

The result is as shown in the first pic.  It obviously only works for one category so you would need the module to select the category, and a renamed version for other categories.

Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

wolfspyryt

Colin Thanks. I am really glad you included a link example. Thank you. I will try this a little later, just awoke. Looks perfect. Thanks for the help with someone else product.! :-)
  •  

wolfspyryt

When I put it in the "After Text" it adds the link to the next module below.
  •  

wolfspyryt

Colin, Sorry, I forgot a pair of brackets. It works very well now! Thanks again. :-)
  •