News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Need images to download not open

Started by wolfspyryt, 03.03.2015 04:05:43

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfspyryt

I have .pmg & .gif for the download, and when the user clicks download, it opens the image in a browser. I need it to download. I have removed both png & gif from the "Open in browser" section and yet it does not change. I have the php script off and need it off. I have looked high and low for a solution, hope you can offer one please and thank-you.
  •  

wolfspyryt

I even removed all files from the "Which file types are to be opened in the Browser?" section. Opened phpMyadmin and verified that the Data Base had the right data and it does.
  •  

wolfspyryt

I resolved with an .htaccess file and the following code added to it:
<FilesMatch "\.(?i:doc|png|jpg|jpeg|gif)$">
  Header set Content-Disposition attachment
</FilesMatch>

I then placed that .htaccess file in each folder that contained images as downloads. I then turned off the php script and now my images download perfectly. Also, my app specific files now open with the correct app!!!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thank you for the info to solve the problem.

Colin
Colin M
  •