News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Error 404 after clicking on downloadbutton

Started by RalfArmbrust, 20.02.2018 18:16:30

Previous topic - Next topic

RalfArmbrust

On our page www.fbg-kl.de we have som sermons for listening and download (mp3-files arround 45 min. and 20 MB size).

The Player just works fine, but if somebody wants to download the file an error 404 is shown. I have no idea why it is so. I tried to change settings from direct-download "Yes" to "no" and download over PHP-Script "Yes" and "no".

Still the same.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I used file 'Fegt den alten Sauerteig aus (1. Kor. 5)' as an example.  I am using the latest Firefox browser on Win 10.
When used directly (open with my default TWINUI) it began the speech after the short download time.  Then I repeated and it saved fine '2018.02.04 - Fegt den alten Sauerteig aus 1. Kor. 5.mp3' at a size of 18.675Mb. Also downloaded OK with Edge browser.
What browse are you testing with?

Colin
PS it may be you have outpt buffering on in php setup
Colin M
  •  

RalfArmbrust

After turning off Rewrite url in joomla general settings its working ok.
But this is really not what I want and what it should do. It should work with userfriendly urls too.

•  

ColinM

Hi
Glad the problem has been solved.

Do you have any SEF extensons on your site as we find some of them have problems with other file handing extensions.
I have no problems on any of my test sites no matter which of the SEO settings I use.
When you had Rewrite url set On did you have a .htaccess file on your site? And if yes had it been modified from the general Joomla! .htaccess file?
Colin
Colin M
  •