News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Upload description allows access to all images, articles, modules

Started by Florian, 27.03.2018 16:08:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Florian

Hi, I found out that the buttons below short and long description for the uploads are enabling all my registered users to browse through all my images, my articles (published or not) and my modules list. Only menus do not show up.

I searched and found out that this is due to a statement in components/com_jdownloads/models/forms/download.xml where buttons is set to true instead of alse for fields description and description_long.

I would appreciate if you could fix that in coming releases.

Best regards, Florian
Happy Coding with Joomla and jDownloads
  •  

ColinM

Florian
Thanks for input.
Are your ' logged on users' granted Publishing or similar permission associated with article editing?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Florian

Hi Colin,
thanks for your reply. What I have done: allowed all registered users in jDownloads - Options to create an upload. They are just registered users, they do not have author, editor or publisher rights on articles. They are not member of any other group than Registered users.
Happy Coding with Joomla and jDownloads
  •  

Arno

I will check this. But I think this could be not really a jDownloads issue. JDownloads use here only the given editor from Joomla.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Alternate could you deactivate the editor option (see Pic)

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Another way could be to change the access settings for the editors button plugin. So only the right users have access. See pic.

I see not any bug here. So I will move the topic to 'general'.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •