News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Create categorie from frontend

Started by Pip, 09.04.2020 11:36:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Pip

Hi, I have a question about the frontend configuartion of JDownloads. I would like a specific user group to be able to create and manage categories of folders from the frontend. Is this possible? If so, how do I achieve this?
Kind regards. Pip

•  

ColinM

Hi
Creating Categories and Sub categories is not available from front end. 
But do you perhaps mean to look after all the Downloads in a specific category (and its subcategories) as this is available.Colin
Colin M
  •  

Pip

Hi Colin,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Too bad, I meant for this specific user group to be able to create new categories from frontend so they can create a folder structure in their documents. I will think of another way to do this, create the categories for them or give them permission on the backend. Happy easter and kind regards, Pip
  •  

Pip

By the way, I'm very glad with JDownloads and I think your documentation is excellent! Thanks very much.
  •  

ColinM

Pip,
Thankyou - I spend quite a bit of time writing articles.  Both Arno and myself place great store on helping people use jDownloads successfully.Maybe you could give us a review so more people use jD
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-jd3-2/general-items-v3-2/write-review-on-joomla-extensions-directory

ColinEdited to correct link
Colin M
  •  

Pip

Hi Colin,

I would love to but the link gives a 404?
  •  

ColinM

Colin M
  •