News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Can not Delete Categories

Started by DavidLezette, 11.02.2016 19:31:54

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidLezette

I can not delete categories in JDownloads. 

I was able to delete categories until I tried to delete one that still had downloads associated with it. It gave me an error message and ever since then I have not been able to delete categories. I can unpublish, but I can not delete and I would like to clean up the back end. 

Please help. 

Thanks! 

-David Lezette
  •  

DavidLezette

I was able to figure it out eventually, I had to restart my SQL server among other things. 

Now I am not able to re-order the categories. If you have any ideas that would help me do that, please let me know. 

Thanks! 
  •  

DavidLezette

•  

ColinM

Hi
I was just about to offer some help (been laid up with bad cold/flu for a couple of days!) when I see you sorted things.
Might help others if you explained what you did to cure problem.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

DavidLezette

I simply restarted the SQL server, and the Apache Server. 

That seemed to get it going. 
  •