News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

We are not able to set the default path for the downloads.

Started by ocaswell, 06.02.2016 00:05:02

Previous topic - Next topic

ocaswell

Hi,
I am new with Jdownloads.
How do I open a new topics?  ;D

We are not able to set the default path for the downloads.
We get the error: http://wsninc.org/jdownloads does not exist. I tried many different formats.  There is a red note saying Status: NOT WRITABLE. However I checked the permissions in Joomla! and on FTP, checked with the webhosting company.  I spent many hours today trying to figure this out.  I even re-installed JDownloads.  Same issue!  Can someone help please!!!!!
  •  

Arno

Hi,
please send me login data as super user for your backend via PM. Then i can check it.

Normally is the default path automaticly set in the configuration during the installation. So it is not required to change it.
But when the installation script has not the permissions to create the upload folders, you must create it manually via FTP.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Okay. I have seen this morning that you have corrected the path and it works now as expected.  ;)

But maybe should you change the user groups permissions for the right to create new Downloads. It is not useful that every visitor can create a new Download! See pic.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •