News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

problems updating from joomla 2.5.28 to 3.4.8

Started by David Henry, 03.02.2016 15:02:04

Previous topic - Next topic

David Henry

I've just taken over a hacked joomla 2.5 site and have updated it to 3.4.8 and all has gone well except for the Jdownloads, at first it caused problems with the update but I've managed to get over that and have updated it to the latest version but there are problems.

The Control panel gives this error: An error has occurred.

1054 Unknown column 'password_md5' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `e8w6u_jdownloads_files` (`file_id`,`file_title`,`file_alias`,`file_pic`,`language`,`size`,`date_added`,`url_download`,`cat_id`,`metakey`,`metadesc`,`ordering`,`published`,`password_md5`) VALUES ('0','secondary_prog_request_form_2014-2015','secondary-prog-request-form-2014-2015','pdf.png','*','19.76 KB','2016-02-03 13:59:20','secondary_prog_request_form_2014-2015.pdf','1','','','80','0','')

and clicking downloads gives this error: An error has occurred.

500 Unknown column 'a.featured' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `e8w6u_jdownloads_files` AS a LEFT JOIN e8w6u_users AS uc ON uc.id=a.checked_out LEFT JOIN `e8w6u_jdownloads_files` AS f ON f.file_id = a.other_file_id LEFT JOIN `e8w6u_languages` AS l ON l.lang_code = a.language LEFT JOIN e8w6u_viewlevels AS ag ON ag.id = a.access LEFT JOIN e8w6u_jdownloads_categories AS c ON c.id = a.cat_id LEFT JOIN e8w6u_jdownloads_categories AS cc ON cc.id = c.parent_id WHERE (a.published = 0 OR a.published = 1) AND (a.featured = 0 OR a.featured = 1) Unknown column 'a.other_file_id' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT a.file_id, a.file_title, a.file_alias, a.description, a.file_pic, a.price, a.release, a.cat_id, a.size, a.date_added, a.publish_from, a.publish_to, a.use_timeframe, a.url_download, a.other_file_id, a.extern_file, a.downloads, a.extern_site, a.notes, a.access, a.language, a.checked_out, a.checked_out_time, a.ordering, a.featured, a.published, a.asset_id,uc.name AS editor,f.url_download AS other_file_name, f.file_title AS other_download_title,l.title AS language_title,ag.title AS access_level,c.title AS category_title, c.parent_id AS category_parent_id,cc.title AS category_title_parent FROM `e8w6u_jdownloads_files` AS a LEFT JOIN e8w6u_users AS uc ON uc.id=a.checked_out LEFT JOIN `e8w6u_jdownloads_files` AS f ON f.file_id = a.other_file_id LEFT JOIN `e8w6u_languages` AS l ON l.lang_code = a.language LEFT JOIN e8w6u_viewlevels AS ag ON ag.id = a.access LEFT JOIN e8w6u_jdownloads_categories AS c ON c.id = a.cat_id LEFT JOIN e8w6u_jdownloads_categories AS cc ON cc.id = c.parent_id WHERE (a.published = 0 OR a.published = 1) AND (a.featured = 0 OR a.featured = 1) ORDER BY a.file_title asc LIMIT 0, 25 Unknown column 'a.featured' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `e8w6u_jdownloads_files` AS a LEFT JOIN e8w6u_users AS uc ON uc.id=a.checked_out LEFT JOIN `e8w6u_jdownloads_files` AS f ON f.file_id = a.other_file_id LEFT JOIN `e8w6u_languages` AS l ON l.lang_code = a.language LEFT JOIN e8w6u_viewlevels AS ag ON ag.id = a.access LEFT JOIN e8w6u_jdownloads_categories AS c ON c.id = a.cat_id LEFT JOIN e8w6u_jdownloads_categories AS cc ON cc.id = c.parent_id WHERE (a.published = 0 OR a.published = 1) AND (a.featured = 0 OR a.featured = 1)
  Any ideas on how to get around this?
  •  

David Henry

The error logs show this: mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Notice: Undefined index: autopublish.default.description in /var/www/vhosts/jai.ie/new.jai.ie/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php on line 2458, referer: http://new.jai.ie/administrator/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&view=licenses and the Licences are all blank in the admin but I can see them there in the database.
Could this be the issue?
  •  

ColinM

Hi David
Could you please advise which version of jD you started from?
Just for reference did you follow either the migration document
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/from-jd2-5-x-on-joomla-2-5-to-jd3-2-on-joomla-3-3-or-higher
or http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/from-jd1-9-1-x-on-joomla-2-5-to-jd3-2-on-joomla-3-2

Seems like there might have been a time out.
Not sure about the licences challenge so will need to look into that.

The featured one looks as if the files database table is missing a column so please look in table xxx_jdownloads_files.  The last column should have id 78 and look like below

78featuredvarchar(255)utf8_general_ci
No  None
attributes are:

#NameTypeCollationAttributesNullDefault
If it is not there then please add it.

Now the password_md5 column occurs in tables xxx_jdownloads_files and xxx_jdownloads_categories.  That might have been the result of the hacking.  Please check both are present and the correct column number

xxx_jdownloads_files
51password_md5varchar(100)utf8_general_ci
No  None
xxx_jdownloads_categories

25password_md5varchar(100)utf8_general_ci
No  None

If the Column numbers differ then there is a problem!!  A goo way of checking is to get a plain vanilla version on an xampp server on your pc and compare the table structures.

Colin

Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi.

1. have you used the update instructions from the documentation (see link from Colin)?
    when no:
    jDownloads can not work correctly - so you should go back to the previous version (restoring a backup?) 

when yes:
    2. could you see the final results message at the end from the process?
        when no:
        jDownloads can not work correctly - so you should go back to the previous version (restoring a backup?) 

It is nearly impossible for us to know your currently jD status. When you have a lot of Categories and Downloads, you should try the 'local' migration way.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

David Henry

Thanks guys, your answers are a bit tech for me to understand as I don't know sql too well.

Yes, I updated exactly like your documentation here: http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/from-jd2-5-x-on-joomla-2-5-to-jd3-2-on-joomla-3-3-or-higher with the exception of this part: update jD1.9.1.6 to jD1.9.2.11

The live site is still running J2.5.19 plus jDownloads 1.9.0 Stable Build 927, it's all working fine

The new site yet to go live is J3.4.8 running jDownloads 3.2.41

My gut tells me that the database is intact all the tables mentioned are there and contain data, for example the categories table has one row of root data which I'm presuming as default. This doesn't appear under Categories from the admin. Same with the licences table, I can see the data in phpmyadmin but in the admin there is nothing. It will allow me to add new licences which can be seen.

Should I try installing an interim version?

P.S. Excellent support
  •  

Arno

Can you send Colin and me login data (as super user) for the new site via PM?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

David Henry

Done!
I'm also going to remove some files from download folder that I don't think are genuine, mostly zips like dz.html.zip
d
  •  

David Henry

I've looked through the db files you send and I see something odd:

I have xxx_jdownloads_licenses and xxx_jdownloads_license, the latter has content but the one you sent is there but with no content.

Also, you sent xxx_jdownloads_config-2.sql which is not there, only xxx_jdownloads_config.sql is there.

UPDATE: These are the tables I see:

xxx_jdownloads_categories      
   xxx_jdownloads_cats      
   xxx_jdownloads_config      
   xxx_jdownloads_files      
   xxx_jdownloads_groups      
   xxx_jdownloads_license      
   xxx_jdownloads_licenses      
   xxx_jdownloads_log      
   xxx_jdownloads_logs      
   xxx_jdownloads_rating      
   xxx_jdownloads_ratings      
   xxx_jdownloads_templates      
   xxx_jdownloads_usergroups_limits

•  

Arno

Hi David,
your current jDownloads status is not valid and can not work (medley from old and new DB tables!).
It must be the result from an invalid update.

But i have see that you have only 24 published Downloads.

So i think the easiest way should be this on your test site:
- deinstall jDownloads and all jDownloads modules and plugins
- delete all jDownloads tables in the DB
- rename the folder /jdownloads (upload root folder from jD) to /jdownloads_old
- install now the newest jDownloads version (3.2.41)
- create now all the Categories and the 24 Downloads new
- this should be easy as you have still the old public website. So you can easy 'copy and paste' all data. 

Maybe a hour work.
As result you should have a clean and proper working component.

This is my tip in your case!  ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

David Henry

Thanks Arno, I should have done this from the start...always trying to fix things.

Thanks for your help.
  •  

David Henry

I deleted the db tables and uninstalled everything but kept the doc folder, when I installed afresh it imported all old docs so everything is now as it should be. A happy ending!
:)
  •  

ColinM

David,
Delighted to hear that all is well.  Maybe you could give us a rating on the Joomla! extensions Directory (JED)?  We do this for fun, interest and just plain community spirit.
Currently we are the 38th overall with 149 all positive reviews.  If you do decide to give us an appropriate review then you first need to Register at The Joomla Extension Directory.
http://extensions.joomla.org/

Then go to
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension/directory-a-documentation/downloads/jdownloads
where you will see a 'Write Review Button'.

Colin
Colin M
  •