News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

automatic releasing downloads causing multiple downloads

Started by dieberlins, 30.01.2016 16:12:24

Previous topic - Next topic

dieberlins

Hi,

I've sent a time browsing the Forum. Joomla has following issue: After i uploaded a file via FTP teh download doubles if i look at the table. Can anybody help? I have already updated to the newest version.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Could you tell me into which directory you uploaded the file with ftp please.

There are multiple scenarios here.

First however is all well if you upload from the backend Downloads page by using the New button?

Also have you used the backed Files page.  With this you can use ftp to upload files to the jD root directory, usually called jdownloads and situated in the Joomla! root dir

If you uploaded directly to a Category ( directory in the jdownloads tree) with ftp did you have automonitoring on?
  If you send Super User details by Private Mssage then I could look in detail

Colin
Colin M
  •  

dieberlins

Hi,
thank you for helping me.
In everyway automonitoring doubles the files.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
We do not have a problem with Auto monitoring in general.  Maybe you have found something but to be sure I would need to have super admin access.  if this is possible then please send by Private message (click on 'white block' near my name)

Are you trying to update files by 'overloading' them with another one.  If there is the minutest change in the file name then you will get a second Download created.

Also if you are on a shared host I would suggest that you turn Auto Monitoring off, particularly whilst uploading.  You can always initiate a 'single shot' auto monitor run by clicking on the Check Download area now. which is in the the Status panel on the jD Control Page.  It is also worthwhile to look at the Log.

Colin
Colin M
  •