News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Public articles relative links permissions issue

Started by treat2day, 29.01.2016 04:59:27

Previous topic - Next topic

treat2day

I manually changed all the permissions to work for all downloads when clicking on jdownloads button.

Now I keep getting this error when a link is from a article.

You do not have permission to download the requested file.
Contact the website operator if you are sure that this is incorrect.

https://www.ebookbag.org 

I have tried several configuration settings. I even tried to turn all security settings off.

Security Settings

Captcha NO
Protect your Download-directory? NO
Activate Hotlinking protection? NO
Block when the Browser does not send a Referrer? NO

Websites allowed to hotlink. www.ebookbag.org

Content Plugins  - disabled

GOAL.

All I need is public permissions for downloading - allowed for relative links and no outside hotlink permissions.

Any suggestions?

•  

ColinM

Hi
I was trying to look at your site but it has a 403 error!

QuoteCaptcha NO
Protect your Download-directory? NO
Activate Hotlinking protection? NO
Block when the Browser does not send a Referrer? NO

Websites allowed to hotlink. www.ebookbag.org
The above would not affect the Joomla! permissions but if you have the Content Plugin disabled you will not be able to link from an article.  Not you made need to remake the links after a migration as the Category IDs will have changed.

I will re-look at your site if you let me know where it has gone!
Colin
Colin M
  •  

treat2day

Hi Colin,

Sorry about the 403 error. I have turned off the global blocking. 

Quoteif you have the Content Plugin disabled you will not be able to link from an article.  

I do not use the jdownloads to display downloads in an article. The plugin has always been disabled by default without causing this problem prior to this new install. 

QuoteNot you made need to remake the links after a migration as the Category IDs will have changed.

This is a new install with all new internal links. The links are not special or different than if I was to use an internal link to my contact page.

This is the same site you help me with permissions on this post. http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=8668.msg35359#msg35359
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have just looked at your site in front end.  Downloads seem fine from the public area.

Tried to connect to backend with the login you gave me before but got the amusing message 'You are a spammer, hacker or an otherwise bad person.'  Edit This also now appears to block me from the front end so it looks as if I am black listed!!

I am a little confused by the two quotes:
Quote from your first post
QuoteNow I keep getting this error when a link is from a article.
Quote from your recent post
QuoteI do not use the jdownloads to display downloads in an article. The plugin has always been disabled by default without causing this problem prior to this new install.

So I am thinking that you want a direct link to a specific Download in an article.  The easiest way to do that is to use the Content plugin with a tailored layout that only shows what you want. I can help with that.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The simplest way to put a download in an article is to use the Content Plugin.  Attached are two example pics using different layouts.

In the second one the inserted code was
{jd_file onlinelayout==Files just link V3.2}{jd_file file==31}

You could avoid the layout part by setting the default Content Plugin layout in jD Config - Plugin tab

I have attached the Exported version of the layout in a zip file.  You will need to unpack and then import with Layouts Import button in the Layouts part of jD backend.

Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

treat2day

Yes, I understand your suggestion. However, I am trying to avoid using plugins because they are not the greatest to teach novice users. If I could just use a normal link, it is the best solution.

I do not understand why this is happening for this one install and not on my other domain with the exact setup and articles.
Example working on domain #1 https://www.kidsactivitydownloads.com/index.php/action-and-adventure/318-tarzan-and-the-jewels-of-opar-by-edgar-rice-burroughs Example for not working on domain #2 https://www.ebookbag.org/index.php/free-audiobooks/featured-recordings/item/324-tarzan-and-the-jewels-of-opar-by-edgar-rice-burroughs I would absolutely hate having to go and redo 1700 download links on a site I just developed for the transition from 1.9 to 3.2 because the database categories ID changes.
The permission issue is problem  with this plugin as a test too. The link isn't linkable in the article and I have Use files title as download link enable: see example here Download link: {jd_file onlinelayout==Files just link V3.2}{jd_file file==2381} https://www.ebookbag.org/index.php/content-views/information/181-example-link-test
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I cannot get to either of your sites!! 
One (ebookbag) tells me that I am a bad person, and the other one (kidsactivity) gives a 403 error.  The first one looks like an IP blacklist or similar.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

treat2day

I forget about the security for these public domains are strict. I disabled global blocking. I think your IP is from Poland, I added it to the whitelist
  •