News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

New install Public Default access error

Started by treat2day, 20.01.2016 02:26:32

Previous topic - Next topic

treat2day

I cannot find any solutions to getting the default Public downloads to allowed to work.

jdownloads_3.2.41_J32
Joomla 3.4.8

The debug shows download as not allowed for Public even though it is set to ALLOWED the permissions options tab.

I continue to get this error even after using the reset tool option.

FRONT END MESSAGE: Only registered and logged in users can download files from this category

Please tell me how to get to default. I do not need any other setting for permissions.

This is a public domain site for downloads and open to anyone.

•  

ColinM

Hi
Clearly somewhere Download permission is not being allowed. So we need to find it.
Have you set Deny permission anywhere?
If you go to Options on the jD Control panel page - it is in the tool bar at either left or right side depending on which admin template is set - then check the Downloads permission for Public and ensure in your case it is set to Allowed. If not set it to Allowed and Save (it is the Save that actions it).  Always do a save after changing a permission level and check the computed permission

The Category and Downloads reset tools should have set all the Download permission to inherited.

Then check on a top level category and ensure that the Public User Group permissions for Download are set to inherited so that the Computed Permission is Allowed.  Follow down one of the sub category chains checking at each level for inherited until you get to an actual Download. And check for that. 

If still a problem then I will look at it for you if you send me by Private Message (the white 'square near my name) super user login details

Colin
Colin M
  •  

treat2day

Yes. I have done everything you mentioned. I even uninstalled and grabbed a new copy on the site to reinstall.

I have the same issue on another domain. Both are sites I built on my local host, uploaded and extracted using Akeeba. I had no reason to make any changes to Joomla's default permissions or jdownload's default permission. However I followed all the directions to reset jdownloads as instructed in the documentation.

I will PM you my info.
  •  

Arno

You could try to use the debug option as described here to find the problem:
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/show-permissions-graphically-an-overview

In your case must you check the status for the 'Public' user group (instead the 'Registered' in this example).
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

treat2day

Colin has helped me quite a lot to narrow down the issue. He was a great help.
  •