News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Upload form / Edit form : Save button as no effect anymore - [not a jD problem]

Started by Dode, 19.12.2015 20:04:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Dode

Hello folks,
I'm facing a strange issue since a few weeks (i guess, it was reported by users), it seems the "Save" button in "Add" and "Edit" forms has no effect anymore, ie. nothing happens. "Cancel" button still works.
I triple-checked everything, and can't find the problem, but i think it's related to CSS/Javascript somehow ?
Other J! components have no problem with saving / editing.

If anyone has an idea as to where to look, welcome ! Thanks.

PS : i'm using a JoomlArt template (JA Purity II) and testing RocketTheme ones.
  •  

ColinM

Dode
That is strange!  It seems OK on my test site.
Is editing/creation ok from backend?
From front end is editing/creation OK if you log on as super user?

From a jD viewpoint both buttons are identical except for the 'service' they invoke.

If you use Firefox 'Inspect Element' or 'Firebug'  or Inspect on Chrome then the code associated with the button should be something like
<button type="button" onclick="Joomla.submitbutton('download.save')"> Save  </button>
and for the Cancel button it should be like:
<button type="button" onclick="Joomla.submitbutton('download.cancel')"> Cancel    </button>

You can also see the css associated with the element.
It may be that somewhere the z-index has been set such that the button is visible but is no longer on top.

Colin

Colin M
  •  

Arno

Quote(i guess, it was reported by users)
Nobody else has posted a problem like this.  ::)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Dode

Quote from: ColinM on 20.12.2015 12:03:03Is editing/creation ok from backend?
Nope, save or save&close has no effect.
QuoteFrom front end is editing/creation OK if you log on as super user?
Nope, same behavior.
QuoteIf you use Firefox 'Inspect Element' or 'Firebug'  or Inspect on Chrome then the code associated with the button should be something like
<button type="button" onclick="Joomla.submitbutton('download.save')"> Save  </button>
and for the Cancel button it should be like:
<button type="button" onclick="Joomla.submitbutton('download.cancel')"> Cancel    </button>

You can also see the css associated with the element.
It may be that somewhere the z-index has been set such that the button is visible but is no longer on top.
I have this in backend :
<button class="btn btn-small btn-success" onclick="Joomla.submitbutton('download.apply')">
<span class="icon-apply icon-white"></span>
Save</button>

And in frontend :
<button onclick="Joomla.submitbutton('download.save')" type="button">
Sauver</button>

Tried with K2, and no problem there. I'm lost...
  •  

Dode

Quote from: Arno on 20.12.2015 12:30:35
Nobody else has posted a problem like this.  ::)

Sorry, i was speaking of users of my own website.
  •  

Arno

Okay. Send us login data as Super user for your backend via PM.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Dode
I do not think this is a css problem. It looks more like a JS problem with the target script having replaced.  But I will check again.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Dode
It is not CSS problem but a JavaScript problem. You have the same problem in both front end and back end. Something is not being loaded correctly.
I used the Firefox Inspector and this showed a set of JS errors - same errors in both frontend and backend. See pics

I do not know what is the cause - in English 'patois' I would say 'it is above my pay grade!'.  Maybe Arno will be able to solve.

Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

Dode

Thanks for having a look Colin !
I'll dig more in that direction, as JD is not the only one affected by this problem !
  •  

Dode

After trying removing almost all "extra" components/plugins/modules, and loosing many hours troubleshooting, i finally decided to reinstall the latest J! above the existing installation via FTP, and guess what ? Everything is now working as expected ! The online update probably went wrong at some point.
Hope it could help other users having the same problem.
  •  

ColinM

Dode
Glad you have solved  the problem. Thanks for letting us know. Will try to remember if someone else gets such strange effects and ask if they had updated Joomla! OK

Happy New Year
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Dode

Another detail related to this problem.
I tried a plugin to remove completely Mootools from my website with a plugin (http://extensions.joomla.org/extension/mootools-enabler-disabler), and if enabled, upload form just does not work (no "save" possible).

So my question is, does JD uses Mootools in any way for the upload form or anything else ?
  •  

ColinM

Dode
Yes jD does use Mootools. If you look at the source code of a jD page you will see it loads
<script src="/jda1/media/system/js/mootools-core.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/jda1/media/system/js/mootools-more.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Not sure where these are used - maybe Arno has not got round to just using jQuery.js
Maybe on the basis "if it is not broken, do not fix it!"

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Dode

I thought Mootools was deprecated with J!3, so this is bad news for me, as i'm facing many issues related to conflicts with jQuery, and also third party extensions (p8pbb Bridge for example) or templates (RocketTheme).
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •