News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

After Upgrade to 4 4.0.26 Empty Website - [Categories re-creation solved it]

Started by Aydon, 19.04.2023 21:45:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Aydon

Sorry for my bad English, might be much easier in German :/ But i try:

I use JDownloads and it works like a Charm. Until the recent Version, 4 4.0.26 Stable. I update to this Version - and since then the Download Pages are empty. Everything is loading, the Header, the Footer - but the place, where the Categories from JDownloads has to be, are empty. On the Backend: All Files are correct uploaded, correct in the Categories and stuff. Everything was working with the previous 2.0.24 ... what went wrong? The Offline-Message from JDownloads is shown, when i checked it to "on". But all the DL-Categories arent there ...

You can see it here: https://shadowrun-german.de/index.php/sr-dragonfall/download/category/3-sr-df (Currently in "offline-mode"; cause the Downloads arent shown)

sorry for the bad Description, dont know how to write it perfectly in English :'(
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I need a litte information please so as to help.
Which version of Joomla are you using? What was the previous version of jD you updated from?

Colin
---------------------------------------
Ich brauche bitte ein paar Informationen, um zu helfen.
Welche Joomla-Version verwendest du? Was war die vorherige Version von jD, von der Sie aktualisiert haben?
Colin M
  •  

Aydon

Hello,

thank you very much for the reply. I have already solved the problem, or at least found a way that the downloads are displayed again.

I have re-uploaded the files to be made available for download. This did not help much. But then I also recreated the categories, uploaded files - and it works again.

I had updated from the latest JDownloads version 3.9 to the 4.0.23 stable version. There everything ran fine. But with the update to the latest version 4.0.26 I had the problem that no categories were displayed.

As I said, my solution was to recreate the categories after updating from .23 to .26. The labels, contents etc. remained the same. Why this behavior occurs, I can not say. But it seems to be running now.

Hallo,

vielen lieben Dank für die Rückantwort. Ich habe das Problem bereits gelöst, oder zumindest eine Möglichkeit gefunden, dass die Downloads wieder angezeigt werden.

Ich habe die Dateien, die zum herunterladen bereit gestellt werden sollen, erneut hochgeladen. Das hat wenig geholfen. Doch dann habe ich auch die Kategorien neu erstellt, Dateien hochgeladen - und es läuft wieder.

Ich hatte von der neusten JDownloads Version 3.9 auf die 4.0.23 stable Version geupdatet. Da lief alles fein. Doch mit dem Update auf die derzeit neueste Version 4.0.26 kam es zu dem Problem, dass keine Kategorien angezeigt wurden.

Wie gesagt: meine Lösung war, dass ich die Kategorien nach dem Update von .23 auf .26 neu erstellen musste. Die Bezeichnungen, Inhalte etc. sind gleich geblieben. Warum dieses Verhalten auftritt, kann ich nicht sagen. Aber es scheint nun zu laufen.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Which version of Joomla are you using? seems to be some incompatibility with categories in J4.3.0

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hallo Aydon,
bin aktuell noch im Urlaub. Daher kann ich hier nur sporadisch reinschauen. Du kannst hier problemlos auch nur in Deutsch posten.

Ich schau mir das mal in Ruhe an, sobald ich zurück bin.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Aydon

Hi, also für meine Website scheint das Problem behoben zu sein. Lösung war, dass ich die Kategorien gelöscht und neu erstellt habe.
Das Joomla-System war das zu diesem Zeitpunkt aktuelle: 4.3.0.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Yes there is a problem caused by Joomla 4.3.0 and it does seem to affect jD categories.  There are complaints about Categories used with Articles - nothing to do with jD
Colin

Ja, es gibt ein Problem, das von Joomla 4.3.0 verursacht wird und es scheint jD-Kategorien zu betreffen. Es gibt Beschwerden über Kategorien, die mit Artikeln verwendet werden - nichts mit jD zu tun
Colin M
  •