News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

How secure and secret are downloads

Started by masaeurope, 02.07.2016 15:19:14

Previous topic - Next topic

masaeurope

Hello all,

I installed jdownloads on a non-commercial website for  a "booster club". (Joomla 3.5, jDownloads  3.2.44) They provide  a "login area" (accessable for logged in users only), in order to provide some files: Logo-Download, some PDF Files, Word Doc, etc.

Then I did a seach for some files (beeing NOT logged in). Surprisingly, some search results showed up Files (the logo, a pdf file). A click on it, started a download right away. No jDownlaod-Page, no info about license, etc... Is this is feature or a bug? I am a bit shocked. Yes, I think those files are set to "public", but I expected the system to lead to jDownloads. Again, there are some important meta information to each file (usage, license, etc.).

Best regards, masa
  •  

Arno

Hello,
i knows not your configuration and your settings.

But with settings like "access" = public and the permissions for guests to download the files and activated "direct download" option, can it be that the download started directly. This is not a bug.

Have you activated that the user must agree a license?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •