News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Super users seeing unpublished timed files

Started by soleary670, 05.01.2017 17:16:30

Previous topic - Next topic

soleary670

I have users that are assigning a start publishing date to their files, they are currently set to unpublished (I have the published box checked in the user group permissions set). The files disappear completely from the front end. They are trying to change start dates once they are set. I can see the files in the back end.
Is there a way to make the files visible to the users once the start publishing time has been set and saved?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
If a Download is createdfrom the Front end then there is not an opportunity, at that time, to set the publishing start and end time.  However if the Download is edited then, with 'Publishing Timeframe' ticked in UG settings, the start and end times become available to be set. 

So set the UG so that the Download is Published on creation.  And set the view Access so that only members of the Uploader UG can see.  See pic 'published time test00.png
Afterfter creating then edit the Download.
In the Publishing Tab change the state to Unpublished, set the view Access to enable relevant UGs to be able to see, set the 'Publishing time frame' to Yes,and set the Start and End publishing times as appropriate. See pic 'published time test01.png'
The Download will then become visible at the Start Time. Leave End date/time empty if always to be visible after start time has passed.

Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •