News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

User access permission - [Solved]

Started by Ta, 12.11.2014 06:48:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Ta

I have been running joomla on window's server with jdownloads running smoothly, however i have migrated my site to the Linux server for security reasons now my jdownloads front end don't allow public users to download as it did previously on windows server, its gives a message Only registered and logged in users can download files from this category. Initially I thought it had to do with jdownloads folder (Linux permission which is 755). I have not changed the jdownload configurations, its as it was previously

Please may you point me in the right direction.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
this has nothing to do with the folder settings.

But it seems that you have not moved correctly (ALL) needed db data to your server?
So for the permissions is used the _assets table.

Please read also here about the permissions:
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/show-permissions-overview?category_id=32

You should also update to the newest jD version.
But this solved not your problem.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

@Ta
QuoteGreetings again
I tried your idea on local running on windows it works fine how ever i had to unistall the old jdownload version and install the latest one, which is ok, however on the live running on linux i have deleted the jdownload component  as i did on localnow when i try to install the latest version joomla gives me a backend error "Forbidden You don't have permission to access /administrator/index.php on this server." I checked the permissions, changed then to 775 and 644 for files but still it gives me this error ai am now scouring the forums to solve this problem, as i can not install jdownloads on the live server, when i try to migrate my local to live it gives me the same error.........

please assist

Did you remove all of jDownloads from your site.  Please see http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/how-to-uninstall-all-of-jdownloads
Items are specifically left to allow re-installing of same series.  So maybe some of your old series was still there  ???

If you have uninstalled everything it is most unlikely to be a jDownloads problem. Maybe a problem with wrong user group settings in Joomla for jDownloads (or all components).
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Ta

Thanx for the quick reply, It was my server mod security module, works ok now Thanx a lot guys
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •