News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Display of the owners downloads

Started by bigbozz, 07.01.2016 19:05:20

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbozz

Hello,

I have freshly installed your extension, but I realize that I'm missing (or I have not found) functionality. I need to display only files of the owners of any category, how do you it ?

Kind regards
  •  

ColinM

Hi
There is a jDownloads menu item 'List my Downloads' which does what you want.
If a user creates a Download from the Front End then it will automatically set that user as the creator.
Of course from the backend you have to ensure that the 'Created by' fieldis set properly from the pulldown list.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

bigbozz

Thanks for your quick reply. I have try to menu, but the problem is I want to display different categories and that user sees only their files. I rummage through all the settings and I can not find the configuration that me would agree.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
What you want to do is unusual but is possible. Baically you need to use the Joomla! view Access facility.  So make a User Group for each user with Registered as its parent. Also make a corresponding Access Level. Then each Download needs the relevant View Access set. Al relevant Categories shoud have a view Access level of Registered. Any jD menu item will then just show those Downloads that have the relevent Access.  Also set Registered UG s having download permission.

This scheme will wok but its vibiliy depends on the number of users.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I will see what is involved in allowing a Category select box in the My Downloads menu item.  That would certainly be more managable with many users. So please initially try the view access approach as it will take a bit of research time to check out the possibility of adding a category selection box.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Colin i'm not sure that this is really an important option. And it makes much work (only for a single user).
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •