News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Database Problem after upgrading Joomla

Started by mchmaster, 02.01.2016 08:41:59

Previous topic - Next topic

mchmaster

I just upgraded to Joomla 3.4.8 from 2.5 and also Jdownloads 3.2.41 from the latest 1.9 series.

I'm getting the following error in the backend and frontend whenever I try to access the downloads. In the backend, it only shows there. All the other administrative options come up just fine. Can anyone help me figure out what might be causing it?

500 Unknown column 'a.featured' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `x2g8d_jdownloads_files` AS a LEFT JOIN x2g8d_users AS uc ON uc.id=a.checked_out LEFT JOIN `x2g8d_jdownloads_files` AS f ON f.file_id = a.other_file_id LEFT JOIN `x2g8d_languages` AS l ON l.lang_code = a.language LEFT JOIN x2g8d_viewlevels AS ag ON ag.id = a.access LEFT JOIN x2g8d_jdownloads_categories AS c ON c.id = a.cat_id LEFT JOIN x2g8d_jdownloads_categories AS cc ON cc.id = c.parent_id WHERE (a.published = 0 OR a.published = 1) AND (a.featured = 0 OR a.featured = 1) Unknown column 'a.featured' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT a.file_id, a.file_title, a.file_alias, a.description, a.file_pic, a.price, a.release, a.cat_id, a.size, a.date_added, a.publish_from, a.publish_to, a.use_timeframe, a.url_download, a.other_file_id, a.extern_file, a.downloads, a.extern_site, a.notes, a.access, a.language, a.checked_out, a.checked_out_time, a.ordering, a.featured, a.published, a.asset_id,uc.name AS editor,f.url_download AS other_file_name, f.file_title AS other_download_title,l.title AS language_title,ag.title AS access_level,c.title AS category_title, c.parent_id AS category_parent_id,cc.title AS category_title_parent FROM `x2g8d_jdownloads_files` AS a LEFT JOIN x2g8d_users AS uc ON uc.id=a.checked_out LEFT JOIN `x2g8d_jdownloads_files` AS f ON f.file_id = a.other_file_id LEFT JOIN `x2g8d_languages` AS l ON l.lang_code = a.language LEFT JOIN x2g8d_viewlevels AS ag ON ag.id = a.access LEFT JOIN x2g8d_jdownloads_categories AS c ON c.id = a.cat_id LEFT JOIN x2g8d_jdownloads_categories AS cc ON cc.id = c.parent_id WHERE (a.published = 0 OR a.published = 1) AND (a.featured = 0 OR a.featured = 1) ORDER BY a.file_title asc LIMIT 0, 50 Unknown column 'a.featured' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `x2g8d_jdownloads_files` AS a LEFT JOIN x2g8d_users AS uc ON uc.id=a.checked_out LEFT JOIN `x2g8d_jdownloads_files` AS f ON f.file_id = a.other_file_id LEFT JOIN `x2g8d_languages` AS l ON l.lang_code = a.language LEFT JOIN x2g8d_viewlevels AS ag ON ag.id = a.access LEFT JOIN x2g8d_jdownloads_categories AS c ON c.id = a.cat_id LEFT JOIN x2g8d_jdownloads_categories AS cc ON cc.id = c.parent_id WHERE (a.published = 0 OR a.published = 1) AND (a.featured = 0 OR a.featured = 1)
  •  

ColinM

Hi,
Did you get any error messages during or at the end of the migration?
Also did you use the article http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/from-jd2-5-x-on-joomla-2-5-to-jd3-2-on-joomla-3-3-or-higher
or others in our documentation?  And if so do you have any comments so it?

It looks to me as if for some reason the column 'featured ' was not added into table  xxx_jdownloads_files, where xxx is your prefix, when doing the migration.  That column was introduced in jD release vv41 so maybe we need to relook at the migration.

After taking a backup using jDownload tool Backup, you should try adding a column called featured of type varchar(255) and usually collation utf8_general_ci to that table.

There are two ways of doing this, one is to use phpMyAdmin to directly edit the table.
The simplest way to do this in phpMyAdmin is to show table xxx_jdownloads_files and select Structure.  This lists the details of the columns.  At the foot of the view is an Add field which allows a simple way of adding a column at the end of the table. See pic 1.  After clicking on Go then a single line form is produced as which you should fill in as shown in pic 2.
The actual sql produced, and executed by phpMyAdmin is shown below.
ALTER TABLE `xxx_jdownloads_files` ADD `featured` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL ;

The other way is to make a copy of the backup file and edit it.  This is very tiresome if you have a lot of downloads as you have to get the number of commas exactly right!  So I find attempting that very error prone. Doing it in a spread sheet is reasonably viable.

Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

mchmaster

Thank you so much for your help! That worked perfectly. Everything seems to be fine now.

I followed the directions in the following article:

http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/from-jd1-9-1-x-on-joomla-2-5-to-jd3-2-on-joomla-3-2

Everything was fine except for the issue that you helped me fix. I did not get error when I was migrating it using the instructions in this article.

Thanks again for your help.
  •  

mchmaster

The solution you posted earlier worked fine for a while, but now I'm getting a similar but different error. I don't know what is going on. Possibly a outdated module? But I can't find any in my backend. Here is the error message. Sorry for the trouble.

ERROR: 1146
Table 'wfwpusa_db.x2g8d_jdownloads_cats' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT parent_id FROM `x2g8d_jdownloads_cats` WHERE `cat_id` = ''
  •  

ColinM

Hi
That is mysterious! Have you added any module extension lately.  Is the 'x2g8d'  a prefix in your data base?  Arno might know better but he is tied upo with work for a few days.  Usually it is something that has just changed.  Hmm!

Colin
Colin M
  •  

mchmaster

Thank you for your reply. I can not think of any new modules that I've added recently. As a result of upgrading Joomla, I've been upgrading extensions to their joomla 3 compatible versions, but that is all. Yes, the x2g8d is my database prefix. I hope that you or Arno is able to help. I can't figure out how to get those parts of my website back online again.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
please send me or Colin login data for your backend (as super user) via PM.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Thanks for the data.
I have short checked your jDownloads installation:
- your category structure is invalid (maybe the result from a unsuccessfully migration process)
- so we must correct this manually
- i will try to do this here in my local Joomla installation
- so i must fetch all jD data from your backend (but only temporary)

Please note that i need a little bit more time for this. But i hope i can solve it until monday.
When i have any question i will try to contact you via PM. I hope you can answer me also at this weekend?

Edit:
- in your jDownloads are missing all modules from jDownloads  ::)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

mchmaster

I see. Thank you for taking so much time to work on this. I didn't realize it would be such a in-depth issue. I imagine I probably did something wrong during the migration process. Sorry about that.

As far as the modules, that is interesting. I've tried updating jdownloads with the latest version a couple times hoping that it would correct the error, and I thought that the modules would be installed as well. Am I simply mistaken about that or is it possible something is preventing their installation?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The modules and plugins normally get installed automatically when jD is install/updated.  Did you remove the old jD modules & plugins during the migration?
There have been hundreds of successful migrations but there are obviously site to site differences so we are always keen to find any problems but they get harder to find!!

Colin
Colin M
  •  

mchmaster

That is strange. I did not uninstall the plugins or modules.

In my joomla backend, I see them there. Here are my screenshots.

Just for clarification, in my database are some old tables. Anything that has the prefix t81pf is obsolete. Sorry, I should have mentioned that earlier.

•  

Arno

Quote1146
ERROR: 1146
Table 'wfwpusa_db.x2g8d_jdownloads_cats' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT parent_id FROM `x2g8d_jdownloads_cats` WHERE `cat_id` = ''

This problem is now solved:
1. it was not a jDownloads problem
2. the error message came from a older 'OSE Membership' plugin which supported only the old jD 1.9 series
3. after deactivation (see pic) jDownloads works properly as expected  ;)
4. so we had also not really a problem with the update process

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •