News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Possible obsolete modules stopping upgrading

Started by teksynergy, 22.12.2015 08:49:34

Previous topic - Next topic

teksynergy

Im using the current version of jdownloads but started on an older version a year or so ago when ver 3.x was still being sorted. Now when I loginto Joomla (latest version), it shows when updates are available but wont update jdownloads and has a couple of erros when checking for downloads that reference:

jdownloads-latest-module-update.xml & jdownloads-last-updated-module-update.xml.

I can do an upgrade by downloading the latest package and installing it from module manager. I was wondering if my installation has some older modules not used anymore?? DO you have a list of modules, components, or plugins that are part of the latest version so I can determine if I have obsolete modules that can be uninstalled? I don;t want to remove the whole jdownloads installation as it took me ages to set it up. help...
  •  

ColinM

Hi
There are 5 plugins and 7 modules in jD as well as the component
Plugins
Button - jDownloads Content
Content - jDownloads
Search - jDownloads
System - jDownloads
jDownloads Example

Modules  (all with name jDownloaads)
Last Updated
Latest
Most Recently Downloaded
Related
Stats
Tree

Colin

Colin M
  •  

Arno

Quotejdownloads-latest-module-update.xml & jdownloads-last-updated-module-update.xml.
Please deactivate this module in your update settings from Joomla.
We had formerly planned to handle the modules seperately but this is not more valid. All plugins and modules are now always a part from the jDownloads installation package.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •