News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Upgrade Timeout

Started by cyberhorse, 28.03.2016 07:07:49

Previous topic - Next topic

cyberhorse

Trying to upgrade from v1.9.2.11 to v3.2.

v3.2 installs OK then I click on the Jdownloads Control Panel link and get

The installation process has found an older jDownloads release.

If you wish to import the data from the older version then click on the link below.
START IMPORT

If you do not wish to import the old version data then click on the link below.
NO DATA UPDATE IMPORT REQUIRED

I click on START IMPORT and a few minutes later get an error 500 timeout.

I have about 20,000 files in the download area.

Can I run this program from the command line? If so how? I have ssh access.

Otherwise what process is available to convert the old files database to the new format?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Converting 20,000 files will take quite a bit of time. Dependent on your Server you may be able to extend the duration before a time out. However that is often not 'allowed'. So what I would do is to make a backup with Akeeba or similar and then setup an XAMPP site on my desktop. Populate with your backup - remember to change the root directory in jD Config Download tab. Then change the timeout on XAMPP and convert on your desktop. Create backup of site and put back on server. Be patient!
There are various other hints in the forum by others who have successfully upgraded with a large number of Downloads.

If you have specific questions about each stage please ask.  For XAMPP querries search the web. I have used XAMPP a few times over the years but I always have to 'resaerc' the details!

Colin
Colin M
  •  

cyberhorse

The XAMPP solution seems incredibly complicated.

Another question.

If I run the START IMPORT script multiple times does it reset the tables to zero records every time or is it doing an INSERT on a new table until it times out?

In other words can I do the import by running the script multiple times until everything is inserted?
  •  

Arno

QuoteIn other words can I do the import by running the script multiple times until everything is inserted?
This is not possible. In your case can only help the locally solution via xampp or special server settings.

Have you read the import/migration instructions in the documentation?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

cyberhorse

My site host was able to provide an .htaccess setting which gave unlimited connection duration. Just as well because the import took well over an hour.
  •  

Arno

Fine so your problem is solved. And yes, a hour or more is normal in your case.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •