News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Search in one Category only

Started by fap, 24.03.2016 07:01:57

Previous topic - Next topic

fap

Hello everybody,

is it possible the Joomla-Search or the jDownloads-Search to configure so they searched only one particular category?

In jDownloads i have three categorys.

I need 3 Search-Forms / Search-Menu-Items each looking only in the appropriate category.

Is this possible?

Thank you for your help!

Kindly Regards

fap
  •  

Arno

Hi,
i think this is not possible.  :-\
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Are all of your Categories open to the Public?  If they are not all public then there is probably a solution using view Access and Permissions.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

fap

Thank you for your answers!

All Caterorys must be published for public.

I would like to publish certificates for a run.
The run takes place once a year.  Now i have made categories for "2014" "2015" "2016" in jDownloads. In the main menu i would like make menu-entrys of the type "Joomla-Search" or "jDownloads-Search" for every year. (e.g. Called: "Certifications 2015") what only the appropriate category searching.

So you can have the certificates for the appopriate Event and not fur the runs of the past 20 years.

The year of the Run yuo can choose in the main menu.

Thank you for your help.

Greetings

fap
  •  

ColinM

Hi
You can have a jD menu item that just lists one Category but the jD Search is not restricted to a specific category.  Other Search extension might be able to select the search 'start point'.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

fap

@Colin: Thank you for your answer!

I will take a look to other extensions.

Greetings

fap
  •