As I just wrote to Arno Betz (firstname.lastname@example.org),
I have used jDownloads with satisfaction for some years in different projects.
It’s a great extension!
For my needing I had to ‘fix’ and extend some jDownloads functionalities, mainly to have conformance to standards; in fact one of my projects had to be “accessible” and fully html conformant.
So I worked on your code base, starting from the version available in October 2015 and I upgraded it at every (kind of) new version release till latest v 3.2.52.
So now I have a 3.2.52 jDownloads version ‘fixed’ and extended.
I want to express my gratitude to jDownloads authors and maintainers, so I would like to share my work with the developers, so they can integrate these fixes in their development cycle and make this great software even better.
In detail, I modified 18 files in 17 folders of jDownloads package, These are the main results:
- Content plugin: Added a new parameter
- Added editor button (a new plugin) to create Downloads (and upload files) from frontend editor
- File icon type is automatically selected on file upload selection
- Layout, css and html are fixed for a correct html-validation and accessibility (WCGA 2.0 AAA)
- Completed menu itemid management
- Fixed some minor typos
- Enabled expand/collapse jDownloads module tree
- Using proper layouts, composed of <div> elements only, you can have all views completely HTML-compliant (https://validator.w3.org/
) and WCAG 2.0 AAA compliant (“accessible”, https://achecker.ca/checker/index.php
You can easly compare the differences between official 3.2.52 release and my “3.2.52 – HP” version using tools like WinMerge (http://winmerge.org/
) or similar.
All mods, fixes and additions have a description an can be easly located with a files content text search of the string “HP-“ (all capitals).
I am available to cooperate to help the integration in jDownloads codebase.
Is jDownloads codebase publicly available in any repository? On GitHub?
(I would attach here my "jDownloads 3.2.52 - HP.zip" package, but I am not sure if the authors will like that. So I wait their response.)