jDownloadsownloads.com



Author Topic: Update from 1.9 partially failed - [Fixed in 2.5.22 !!!]  (Read 4027 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sclg

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 12
I followed all the instructions to first update to the latest 1.9 then uninstalling and installing the 2.5 version.
All seemed to go well but although the categories and sub-categories are there, none of them have any files in them!

I only had one category and it had about 12 sub-categories - all are empty.

Any idea what I might have done wrong?
Steve
« Last Edit: 15.01.2015 15:37:28 by Arno »

Online ColinM

  • Moderator
  • *
  • Posts: 3.365
Re: Update from 1.9 partially failed
« Reply #1 on: 15.01.2015 00:23:18 »
Have you looked to see if the files are there with cPanel or say eXplorer?

Are they visible from backend?  Or is it just a front end problem?

Are they Published? 

Have you set up any permissions?

Did you have any non-latin characters in your file names.

What would be an example filename?

Colin

Offline Arno

  • Administrator
  • ***
  • Posts: 12.177
    • jDownloads.com
Re: Update from 1.9 partially failed
« Reply #2 on: 15.01.2015 03:06:16 »
... and had you seen an import result message like this one below?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!

Offline sclg

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 12
Re: Update from 1.9 partially failed
« Reply #3 on: 15.01.2015 09:58:08 »
Have you looked to see if the files are there with cPanel or say eXplorer?
Are they visible from backend?  Or is it just a front end problem?
Are they Published? 
Have you set up any permissions?
Did you have any non-latin characters in your file names.
What would be an example filename?
The files all exist in the right place on the server - /public_html/jdownloads/Parish Magazine/2014
They are not visible on either the front or the backend. See http://www.amberleychurch.org.uk/church-life/parish-magazine

Don't know if they are published as I can't see them! (They were published in 1.9)
File names are all like - parish_mag_14-07.pdf

I did get the usual 'result' record on import which didn't indicate any errors.
Steve

Offline sclg

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 12
Re: Update from 1.9 partially failed
« Reply #4 on: 15.01.2015 10:10:27 »
... forgot to say that yes, i have set permissions - Public = Download allowed

Offline Arno

  • Administrator
  • ***
  • Posts: 12.177
    • jDownloads.com
Re: Update from 1.9 partially failed
« Reply #5 on: 15.01.2015 12:00:05 »
Can you send me login data for the backend via PM?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!

Offline Arno

  • Administrator
  • ***
  • Posts: 12.177
    • jDownloads.com
Re: Update from 1.9 partially failed
« Reply #6 on: 15.01.2015 12:30:53 »
Thanks for the login data but i have a problem. Please read my PM.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!

Offline Arno

  • Administrator
  • ***
  • Posts: 12.177
    • jDownloads.com
Re: Update from 1.9 partially failed
« Reply #7 on: 15.01.2015 12:51:30 »
Can you send me a jD backup file from your old 1.9 installation?


Quote
I did get the usual 'result' record on import which didn't indicate any errors.
Was here posted the amount of imported files (created Downloads)?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!

Offline sclg

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 12
Re: Update from 1.9 partially failed
« Reply #8 on: 15.01.2015 13:05:04 »
Backup file attached.

"Was here posted the amount of imported files (created Downloads)?" I'm afraid I can't remember.

Edit:
backup file removed
« Last Edit: 15.01.2015 19:46:27 by Arno »

Offline Arno

  • Administrator
  • ***
  • Posts: 12.177
    • jDownloads.com
Re: Update from 1.9 partially failed
« Reply #9 on: 15.01.2015 13:08:06 »
Thanks. I will check it here.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!

Offline Arno

  • Administrator
  • ***
  • Posts: 12.177
    • jDownloads.com
Re: Update from 1.9 partially failed
« Reply #10 on: 15.01.2015 14:29:07 »
Hi,
okay i have found the problem.
We had changed in last version the import process (for both jD series) so that the download IDs are still the same as in the old series.
But this works not with the Joomla 2.5 version. We had this not really tested this, since the support for Joomla 2.5 releases has ended by the joomla core team.

Maybe can i use the older jD version for the import...
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!

Offline Arno

  • Administrator
  • ***
  • Posts: 12.177
    • jDownloads.com
Re: Update from 1.9 partially failed - [Fixed in 2.5.22 !!!]
« Reply #11 on: 15.01.2015 15:35:47 »
Hi,
please install the version 2.5.22 below.
Afterwards go to the tools page and select the second file below for backup restoration.
When the process has finished check (and correct when required) the permissions.

I will a little bit later today publish an official 2.5.22 version. When it is ready i will post here a short hint.
Then you should then also install it.

Edit:
backup file removed.
« Last Edit: 15.01.2015 19:46:01 by Arno »
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!

Offline sclg

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 12
Re: Update from 1.9 partially failed - [Fixed in 2.5.22 !!!]
« Reply #12 on: 15.01.2015 16:08:39 »
Many thanks - everything working now.
Steve