When you will convert a old language file (for Joomla 1.6) to the new language format for Joomla 1.6/1.7, here is a short how-to:
Please check first, whether a new language file exists always.
- Search first in the download area.
- Search then here on www.transifex.net
When it not exists, you can begin the work:
I have the convert script from Peter van Westen (NoNumber Extensions), a little bit modified.
So it works now good for the older jDownloads language files.This is a php script that converts Joomla 1.5 style jDownloads language files to Joomla 1.6 style.
- Download and unzip the file below
- Put then the folder (ini15to16) on your (local) server
- Place the folders/files you want converted in the '1.5' folder
- Run the script by opening the path in your browser
- All done! All .ini files will be converted and placed in the '1.6' folder
- Rename the: xx-XX.com_jdownloads.menu.ini file to: xx-XX.com_jdownloads.sys.ini before you move it in the installation package!
- You must also change this file name in the installation .xml file.
Open the new files in notepad++ (freeware).
Search to =""
and delete all founded Keys (lines)
Save it as: utf-8 without BOM
Create now a account on http://www.transifex.net
so you can use his service for your work.
Local can you use a editor like notepad++.
Make sure, that your save the file as utf-8 without BOM.
When you has checked and corrected all files, you must create a Joomla 1.6/1.7 compatible installation package for it.
Please read here:Making a Language Pack for Joomla 1.6
Please read also this thread:http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=3930.0
[gelöscht durch Administrator]