jDownloads for Joomla 3.x => jDownloads 3.2 => General => Topic started by: Janvanderwurff on 12.06.2018 15:08:19
I have a strange situation.
We use Jdownloads for distribution of our musicsheets (Joomla).
Because it are a lot of files I do this by FTP (FileZilla) and put all the files in the right folder.
I can see the files in Downloads. The next action is to publish the files, soo people who are logged in, see those files.
I publish max. 100 files in one session.
The strange thing after this session is that there are several files dupplicated in the Downloads area with different ID's. This is also in the front end.
Look at the attachment for the situation.
Thanks for the extra doc which has helped.There is just one file as you say but two Downloads were created, Note that the alias is different, the second instance has 294 added at the end.
To understand better how such an event occurs we need to know the sequence. First is this just once off?Do you have Auto Monitoring Active ie is jD Config- Monitoring tabf - field 'Download directory monitoring?' set to Yes?Am I correct that you manually up loaded the files to their correct final location and then activated Monitoring from the jD control panel?
There could then have been a "clash" between the automatic monitoring and the manually initiated monitoring.
Are you files very large? And are they used for the Preview as well?
Let me tell you how I did it so far.
We are a amateur orchestra who has almost every sheet of music digital (pdf). For now the archive is 3,5 Gb with over 3300 sheets. The size of the pdf's are different. The conductor sheets are the largest. From 4Mb to almost 70 Mb. For each musician the files are from 300 Kb to 15 Mb.
But the problem did not occur with the larger files so far.
Download directory Monitoring is set Yes, but I understand with these number of files it is better to set it to No.
I upload the files using ftp (FileZilla) because of the numbers of files to upload.
So now I changed the Download Monitoring to No and uploaded a new number of files (133). After that I went to the Control panel and at Status Monitoring I did a Check Download area now (manually).
All went fine now and it gave no problems at all.
So I would say, you solved my problem. Great thx.
Glad that turning off auto monitoring solved things. With some 3.5Gb of info your orchestra has an impressive set of music scores!
It might also be worthwhile checking with your web server the max allowed excution time as set in php.iniColin
Good to know to look after the max allowed excution time. The setting is now 600. I suppose that will be enough.
But we will increase the archive of sheet music to around 20-25Gb. But only for musicians visible will be 3 to 4 Gb.
Our totall disk space is 50Gb.
This post can be closed/solved.