jDownloads for Joomla 3.x => jDownloads 3.2 => General => Topic started by: larbut01 on 06.09.2017 21:35:26
Hi, I have a weird problem:
In categories where the access level is set to a "Registered" level (I call it "Trusted Member") I frequently get 404 errors when using the pagination in the category with Trusted Member access level.
If I change the same category to "Public" access level, the 404 problems go away.
When returning to "Trusted Member" again, the 404's problem appears again.
I use the latest sh404SEF component (version 22.214.171.12407) as SEF component.
I can give you "Trusted Memeber" access for testing. Just let me know.
This is most probably a sh404SEF 'challenge'. It works by re-writing the links. However I cannot at first thoughts see why changing the permissions should make that effect.
When you make the change do you clear the Browser Cache and the Joomla! cache?
Does sh404SEF support excluding some components?
Is the problem in displaying with the the main jD viewws such as following a List All Layouts menu item? Or is it when you are viewing an article with a jD Download link? Or is it in one of the jD modules?
Yes please PM admin login etc and also how to generate the problem ( what sequence to follow)
PM sent with details.
The sh404SEF does exclude some components, but not jDownloads.
The problem appears on viewing list of files in a category within the jDownloads component. Particularly when entering pages 2, 3 etc. I sent you some links on PM.
I don't know whether it exists a good jDownloads plugin for sh404SEF. When not, you should deactivate it in sh404SEF for jDownloads.
Thank you for good advice.
After some debating with myself I turned off entire sh404SEF as it's been difficult to maintain it over time.
I know I might get a hit from Google for changing URLs, but I hope it's worth it.
The above mentioned 404s are now ok.
I was having the same problem. So thankful to find this community. When I was working on my client's car website it just kept on 404 non stop. I thought I might have changed the URL structure by accident.