jDownloads for Joomla 3.x => jDownloads 3.2 => Topic started by: Croma on 09.04.2019 14:55:42
Currently the issue is that even with public permissions set not to be able to download everyone is able to download
Steps taken to try and resolve:
1. Reset master permissions
2. Save category again to ensure that the permissions is set.
3. Reset category permissions.
4. Save category again to ensure that the permissions is set.
5. Save parent category to ensure that permissions is set
6. Save download itself ot ensure downloads are set
7. Update plugin to latest version.
8. Check permissions in Advanced Permissions report
All of this did not make any difference to the out come of the problem.
Obviously we are only discussing one category here, but the errors is across the board in 61 categories.
Any help will be greatly appreciated
From what you have shown this does indeed look very peculiar.
I will send you a Private Message
Think the problem is now solved after looking at your site. It is related to a situation where a user has created some categories and downloads and been set as the creator. If subsequently that user is deleted then the existing permissions fail to propagate or possibly get reset.
Cure is to give a valid creator